Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 23, 2013, 04:02 AM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Jan 2013
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyv View Post
Cool!! I like that sight! My German is a little rusty, but understand most of it! thanks.. I just orderd the 1500 kv's.. will see my good friend!!
Yesterday I ordered the Turnigy 2730 1700kv from the HK international warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8619

when these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=31058 are available in the german warehouse, I will order them for testing purposes also. for the price, you canīt go wrong. I am still waiting for my Geck-10 to arrive btw.

Quote:
nice flying, mate!

Quote:
since I quit my afternoon job! I will continue to practice fast flying in my pajama's!

lol
muhahahahaha
gimmemopitch is offline Find More Posts by gimmemopitch
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2013, 05:48 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
@ mopitch it takes a little longer than 8 days to get to you it will be there soon but in the mean time being how I broke my eck's I moved everything to a geck10 I have a cc3d on it but I have the firmware with the autotune feature on it OpenPilot got rid of because some people where not using it right but if you do it right it saves a lot of time

Geck 10 (2 min 36 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old May 23, 2013, 06:40 AM
It only cost Ģ50 honest!
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Oct 2007
321 Posts
Re new bearings, if you know the sizes you can get them from BOCA bearings.
They also do packs of 10 for most sizes, which work out a lot cheaper. Just got some for my Turnigy SK3's $10 for 10 bearings.
http://www.bocabearings.com
David Parry is offline Find More Posts by David Parry
Old May 23, 2013, 08:02 AM
United States, MI, Traverse City
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
@ mopitch it takes a little longer than 8 days to get to you it will be there soon but in the mean time being how I broke my eck's I moved everything to a geck10 I have a cc3d on it but I have the firmware with the autotune feature on it OpenPilot got rid of because some people where not using it right but if you do it right it saves a lot of time

http://youtu.be/Gb6axnnQxm8
that's very informative for the cc3d guy's!! good job tech!!
Donnyv is offline Find More Posts by Donnyv
Old May 23, 2013, 08:16 AM
United States, OH, Dublin
Joined Sep 2001
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored21 View Post
Multi wii has a level trim function "level mode only" fly it figure out which way it needs trimmed land disarm it move the stick to full throttle then move the stick you want to trim IE if it needs left roll and backward pitch you just flip the aileron stick left the light will blink each move to 100% stick direction is 1 click of trim then move the stick back light will blink ect in auto level you shouldn't trim the tx only the board just move the stick to its extent 3_4 times each then re-arm and try flying again

As far as tx trim you have to do that first in manual flight mode then go through and do the acc trim function as described above
I have done this as much as seeing the light blink 40 blinks to the left and 40 blinks down. Which i assume is the same as the trim on the TX . Although i am still reading through much material and do not know how to tell which mode i am in. I have not hooked any wires up to the Aux1 on the board from my rx . You can see in my video that is flies well but i had to do a lot of TX trimming.
Thanks for the help!!!!
pohlmeyr is offline Find More Posts by pohlmeyr
Last edited by pohlmeyr; May 23, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:26 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlmeyr View Post
I have done this as much as seeing the light blink 40 blinks to the left and 40 blinks down. Which i assume is the same as the trim on the TX . Although i am still reading through much material and do not know how to tell which mode i am in. I have not hooked any wires up to the Aux1 on the board from my rx . You can see in my video that is flies well but i had to do a lot of TX trimming.
Thanks for the help!!!!
you must use the mw-wingui and set up your modes. if you use a 3position switch you can set up one switch with mag baro(if your board has them) and acc(now called "angle" in wingui 2.2)one position with Angle only(for accelerometer) and the third position with nothing for sport flying

I use my 3 position switch setup as above and I have another switch that engages my gps for position hold or return to home and one position as off so my gps isn't being used.

if you don't have a switch setup the board will read whatever you have set for the middle position in wingui the ones marked with a M
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old May 23, 2013, 12:33 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
777 Posts
Ecks
send me your info (shipping) for the frame you have win (review )
the frame is almost ready
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old May 23, 2013, 12:35 PM
When in doubt throttle out
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Nov 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
Ecks
send me your info (shipping) for the frame you have win (review )
the frame is almost ready
man that looks badass

I WANT ONE!
zestyzsauce is offline Find More Posts by zestyzsauce
Old May 23, 2013, 01:19 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
777 Posts
15 frames will be ready june first
folow the thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886305
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old May 23, 2013, 03:24 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Jan 2013
164 Posts
Quote:
@ mopitch it takes a little longer than 8 days to get to you it will be there soon
I didn't mean it reproachfully but as an informative note. Without a frame at the moment, I canīt test the motors.

Quote:
I have a cc3d on it but I have the firmware with the autotune feature on it OpenPilot got rid of because some people where not using it right but if you do it right it saves a lot of time

http://youtu.be/Gb6axnnQxm8
shake baby shake

does the autotune really do wonders relevant for the determination of PIDs?

My Geck-10 will get an acro naze32 on its back btw.
gimmemopitch is offline Find More Posts by gimmemopitch
Old May 23, 2013, 03:35 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Yes it does every frame I have ever tried it on has always got it spot on then you can start fine tuning it
Old May 23, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
15 frames will be ready june first
folow the thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1886305
oh im already on there man
Old May 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
540 Posts
here it is fresh coat of paint
Old May 23, 2013, 06:27 PM
Need more props..........
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2013
1,632 Posts
Old design on the right with its war wounds, new one next to it all ready to be built up.

I decided to go back to the plasti-dip to paint my new one with. I figure it can't hurt dampen the vibrations to the camera....

Oso Grande is online now Find More Posts by Oso Grande
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2013, 06:47 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
@ Oso you remember that plate we were talking about being how your fixing to be rebuilding now would be a good time to try and do it