SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
96 Posts
Discussion
Does Nine Eagles compare ? vs Blade or Walkera

Hey guys, I'm kinda burnt a little on my 450s. Really windy winter, low stick time. I broke out some of my micros for fun at work or home. My MCX2 is still a favorite as is my CX2's. My MSR needs some TLC and that MSRX is so twitchy LOL.

I've been checking out Nine Eagles stuff. Besides the fact that its a little confusing to compare models within their product line. So many different names and numbers. Scale look or pod n booms. I've been reading the forums trying to compare which models are newest, redesigns, and proven.

My question is, how do they compare to Blade helis? My blades are simple, well designed and super reliable. They don't need a lot of mods to run well yet there are tons of aftermarket parts and tips. Is that little "game style controller" programmable? And if I wanted, will the smaller models and Coax models bind to one of the better, full size radios?

Thanks for any input guys.

Paul
PCaola is offline Find More Posts by PCaola
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,368 Posts
The Solo-pro 260a can be had for less than $50.00 at Bang good, also Hobby king has them, but $$ shipping. Fly well and about same as MSR.
270a is nice flyer and little more. Club heli sells them and also get Xtreme l/g as stock a little brittle. . Aside from l/g mine have held up well.
There helis do fly well and cheaper than Blade or Walkrea. I have MSR/MSR-X Mcp-x/ DX6i/ Walkrea L/B V1/ Supoer F/P Genius C/p/ Master c/p.
Solo-pro 260a/270a/280a/ 328. 280a is c/p mico with J6-pro tx.
Point is I fly them all and have little to complain about. My favorite is one I am flying at that time. Each is different, and has its good/ not so good.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
The helimax axe 100's are nine eagle stuff that is anylink compatible. the old nine eagles cps are terrible. I have a sp 180 im just gunna sell as a parts lot.
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:39 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
The thing you also have to look for is part availability...The parts for the Blade CX has been available for over 6 years....You also have to look at service...walkera will not give you customer service if you damage your radio...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
If you are the kind of person who buys a model and expects to keep it for a number of years, stick to Blade.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14