Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:30 AM
nic
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Oct 2012
80 Posts
Help!
tail keeps spinning.

Hi guys.
I'm really new into the helicopter scene as I normally fly planes but I decided to buy my friends honey bee king 2 as an inexpensive 6ch ccpm heli.I replaced the old radio with my spektrum dx7s and ar8000 reciever,I finally managed to get it up in the air after a few months of giving up,once it was up and tons of tail wag so I toned down the gyro and it seemed to be fine,the battery then died so I recharged it,once I got it back in the air the tail went mad and the heli keeps spinning to right,my gyro is in head hold mode,iyts almost as if the tail servo is not moving far enough to counter my main blades but the servo is moving as far as it can go or as far as the tail rotor allows it to go,its confusing because it was fine and then all of a sudden this happened,iv checked the gyro,the movement of the tail servo and iv checked the gyro,both reversed it and put it normal and nothing is helping.
Is there something to look out for?
Thanks.
Nic.
nicrc is offline Find More Posts by nicrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:19 PM
nic
Joined Oct 2012
80 Posts
The heli keeps spinning to the left not the right sorry my mistake.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:52 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,678 Posts
Check that your belt is still tight. It may have loosened in the crash. Spinning left, or counter-clockwise is a sign that the tail isn't fast enough or the pitch isn't going far enough. You already ruled out pitch so check the belt for tightness first, if not that then check the pulleys and gears for the belt system to be sure they aren't slipping on the shaft.

HTH
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,432 Posts
Your tail rotor pitch should be set to 5 or 6, enough to hold the tail in a neutral position at hover. That's the place to start with. Along with checking belt for tightness, check to see if the servo is tight on the boom. Sometimes they shift position.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:50 AM
nic
Joined Oct 2012
80 Posts
I will be sure to check those things as soon as I'm home from work.
Thanks for the response guys apreciate it.
Another question,setting up my gyro is done through my transmitter such as setting up gain,but what about the gain on the gyro itself where should I set that?
Nic.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
change to reverse on the gyro itself not in the transmitter.
twoshey is offline Find More Posts by twoshey