SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:01 AM
Enterprise, AL
Joined Nov 2004
7 Posts
Discussion
Pin removal help needed

I don't remember where I got it from, but I got a metal rotor head for my King 3 Electric heli. When it arrived, the bag holding the parts was torn so before any parts could be lost, I assembled the metal head including inserting the pin to both lock the rotor head onto the main shaft AND lock the rotation lock stem that keeps the swash-plate ring and linkages rotating with the head in alignment.

I had a crash with the heli, and when I wanted to install the metal head to replace the broken plastic parts, when I tried removing the pin that was threaded into the outer ring of the rotation pin holder, but smooth sided the rest of the pin length... Something happened where that pin SNAPPED, as far as I can tell just beyond where the threads on the pin ended!!!

Now, that remaining portion of the pin remains STUCK in the head so I'm UNABLE to use it to get the heli flying again!!!

Can somebody give me some instruction on how to get the broke off portion of the pin removed from the head so the broken pin can be both removed and replaced so I can mount the metal rotor head on my King 3 Heli and get it flying again???

I've already tried ideas like using drill bit or moto-tool to grind a notch in remaining pin so jeweler's screwdriver could grip and push it out, using thin electrical wiring to hopefully have insulation able to hold on enough to slide pin out, but I haven't tried using Instant Glue to create an extended notch for screwdriver to push on since such glue layer would likely prevent pin from fitting through the hole it needs to fit through to get out from where it is.
rcmodelr is offline Find More Posts by rcmodelr
Last edited by rcmodelr; Feb 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:54 PM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
hi go to a hard ware store look for a (ez out) also maybe try a napa store take part with you they maybe offer more help ......if its a ((PIN)) buy a small punch set
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422