HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2001, 07:01 PM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,510 Posts
Uh! Larry, we have a problem with the Cutie...

We all commented on the potential problems with the name. "Hon, I think I'll go flying with my Cutie." Well...

My Cutie was sitting on the kitchen table when I got home from work tonight. I looked at it an said, "Oh, good! My new Cutie finally arrived!" My wife looked at me indignantly and said, "Excuse me! I thought I was your CUTIE!" "Uh, uh. No, you don't understand, dear. You are my cutie, but this is a new Cutie. I've been following a thread on it for months." "Oh!?!"

Fortunately, I had the new $700 sewing machine for her aniversery present (tomorrow) in the car.

So let's see. $250 for the Cutie and $700 for a sewing machine. That makes it a $950 plane - a little more than I had budgeted for, but cheeper than a lawyer .

- Roger
gnofliwr is online now Find More Posts by gnofliwr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2001, 11:10 PM
Flying slowly along..
Northern Ca.
Joined Dec 2000
1,336 Posts
Ha, Ha, souds like a bargain to me!! Now she can make you up a nice carry bag for your Cutie.---Rob
slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by slowflyer
Old Jul 23, 2001, 11:48 PM
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
Joined Mar 2000
829 Posts
Good timing on the sewing machine - - assuming that it is what she wanted.
Philipp is offline Find More Posts by Philipp
Old Jul 24, 2001, 09:13 AM
Senior Moments...I forgot
New Hyde Park, NY
Joined Mar 2001
1,007 Posts
Have the wife make up some carrying bags for the cutie with her new sewing machine and have it monogramed on the bag in contrasting colors "My NEW Cutie". Should start a war or something.
JohnC is offline Find More Posts by JohnC
Old Jul 24, 2001, 09:16 AM
Malibu Ca
Joined Feb 2000
739 Posts
If you put your wife to work making carrying bags, you could sell them, pay off the plane and the sewing machine.
Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Eddy
Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:35 AM
Bellport, NY, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,219 Posts
I've said this before. Eileen and I are now married 33 years. She always tells people that when we got married, she felt like she moved into a boy's room! Modelers are all the same.

Larry
Larry @ SR is offline Find More Posts by Larry @ SR
Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:18 PM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,423 Posts
Hell sounds fair to me gotta remember forget ya best friend at ya own risk (mines a darling so got no worries).

I dear say if ya buy ya best friend lil things every now and then you'll be there CUTIE.

Sluf7
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Jul 24, 2001, 11:27 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
When my wife married me, I didn't have the money or time to invest in RC. It wasn't until we had been married ten years that I sprung this hobby/passion on her. No when I get a box in the mail she cringes and warns me that if it ends up anywhere in the house, besides the garage, that I am in trouble. Inevitably, since I do not have enough room in my garage to build my planes, I convert the kitchen into a little workshop for a while. She LOVES that.
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Jul 25, 2001, 06:35 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,510 Posts
We won't go into my wife's passionate feelings towards sewing other than to say that she makes costumes and garb for my son, daughter and daughter in-law-to-be because she feels it is her responsibility as a woman and mother. I flatly refuse to work on sewing machines and Teletypes (and I still have all my fingers to prove it) so we won't go into the three other sewing machines that worked fine for the two weeks of intensive use they got when new and then wouldn't work properly after sitting idlely in a sunny window for 18 months (according to Joan Fabrics, this one's not supposed to require oiling, cleaning or adjusting and will work fine after being idle for extended periods of time. As my daughter would say, "Yea, right, dad.") But some day I'll tell you about the $5 repair from the plumber not putting putty behind the shower fixture when the house was built that became a $15K project "while we were at it." Surfice it to say, "Suggesting my wife make wing bags is not a good idea."

Like Larry's wife, mine realized long ago that as far as hobbies go, she married a big kid. The only problem she has with it is if the planes and rockets start moving out of the basement .

What I found humorous was that her reaction was exactly as predicted months ago .

- Roger

[This message has been edited by gnofliwr (edited 07-25-2001).]
gnofliwr is online now Find More Posts by gnofliwr