HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Discussion
Guide to 6 channels please

Hi, soon, all the bits and pieces will be on my hands for a trex 450 clone rebuild, it was sent to me already used. Now, here's what I will ask from the experts:

Radio is radiolink T6EHP-E, can someone recommend a suitable setting for pitch curves and throttle curves, etc. for a beginner like me, say only good for practicing hovering and slow flights?

Gyro is GAZ-125 if I am not mistaken, anybody here who had something to say about this gyro? Planning to get a better gyro if budget permits, lol.

basically, putting it together will be fun, Im just worried on the programming side.

Cheers... and thanks.
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:01 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,647 Posts
Best advice I can give is to go to HeliFreak and watch the videos in Finless Bob's tech room. He has step by step instructions for building, programming, tuning, and flying the T-rex 450. It will be well worth your time. As to the settings you asked for, I'm not ignoring the request, just have no knowledge of that particular radio.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:19 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Radio is a T6 - so ? PC programmed . ( never used the Radiolink )

Forget about 3D settings . dont set up negative pitch at all ...

Only run positive pitch , Throttle curve maybe maxed out at 60% to start with ..
Gaz gyro works - just use a servo thats not overly slow with it ..

I set up the cyclic at 60% , nothing but positive pitch , how much , At zero throttle a little bit and max throttle maybe 10inches of pitch

Now depending on head speed : I try to run the slowest head speed where the heli is stable , does not porpoise or rock from side to side or anything else funny ..

That the tail rotor can hold ( heading hold ) ..

Slower rotor head speed = a more docile helicopter ..

Pitch , adjust - go out and try .. If it fails to lift off , add pitch ( VIA Tx )

I add pitch till the rotor head speed is where I like it , and the heli handles the head speed ..

Some helis dont like high head speed , and others do and balk at slow head speed ..
Up to you to find out which yours likes ..
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -