HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:29 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,429 Posts
Alert
Shipper Leaving BOXes on your Front Door Step!

Good day everyone!

I have rather grim news about one purchase I made here in the Classifieds under the Electric Airplane Section. Not that the Seller did not ship the item or any other issue with the transaction but, rather that we (Seller and Buyer) did not make sure a signature request for the item was made to force the Carrier to keep the BOX should no one was home.

In my case, someone was home, however, a young family member did not open the door as they were alone and did not feel safe to do so and instead waited for another family member to come home and retrieve the BOX from the front door area.

Needless to say, a stranger (Thief) came by and STOLE the item so, please make sure if it is a good size BOX then, ask for Signature Request!!!!

I really did not care about the $$$ just that this model is very rare and out-of-production!!!

FOR SALE THREAD:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1832045
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Feb 23, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:56 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,737 Posts
I have boxes, large and small, consistently left at my front door. Never had any problem. One of the (many) advantages of country living!

After returning from a recent vacation I found an airplane part box at the door that had been there for nearly a week. I probably should stop bragging as this could change anytime.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:34 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
I have boxes, large and small, consistently left at my front door. Never had any problem. One of the (many) advantages of country living!

After returning from a recent vacation I found an airplane part box at the door that had been there for nearly a week. I probably should stop bragging as this could change anytime.
I know where you LIVE!!!!

Now, now, Just Joking David!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:31 AM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Sry to hear you had a problem.

If there are any suspicions, you could have items shipped to a friend or neighbor who is always available, or to where you work, if that is possible.

Gosh, if young family members find it un-wise to open your front door when home alone... well, you might want to relocate!!! Yikes!
I'm real sorry to hear that part!
Best
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:01 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,429 Posts
An example of a Very Good Deal and Care Free Transaction (Smooth) is this one:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post24393705
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:14 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
I thought you were going to say the box got soaked in a deluge or something. I've never had one stolen either but have had them left in the elements because they were too lazy to walk around to my front porch.

BTW I buy and sell a lot but never get a signature request unless the buyer asks for it and agrees to pay the difference. I use fedex for planes and I trust them to get it there and cover it if its lost.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe