SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
Then a marriage license should have a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl B View Post
I see nickel is on the list, but I don't see US $.05 coins bearing any label. While protection is good, if your product has a listed material, you must declare it unless you can show that it will cause less than 1 death per 100,000 people when exposed to your product's level for 70 years.

The only reason food isn't labeled up the wazoo is that many of the listed substances are naturally-occurring parts of plants and the soil they grow in.
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:21 PM
Katy Tx
Joined Nov 2007
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Yep, adult males flying toy airplanes tends to inhibit your reproductive chances
Not as bad as "railfans" (railroad modellers). Those guys can't even get dates, let alone make it all the way to reproduction, LOL!
kelstertx is offline Find More Posts by kelstertx
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2013
66 Posts
the Word from Dynam

Talk about a tempest in a teacup, Dynam said the reason it was flagged was due to the Lipo battery (that didn't even come in my version of the kit); so if you were to attack the not-included battery with an ice pick or chew on it, then you may eventually contract cancer from lithium poisoning. I assembled the Waco this morning and it sure is an awesome looking biplane; can't wait to fly it!
capeflyer is offline Find More Posts by capeflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:52 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelstertx View Post
Not as bad as "railfans" (railroad modellers). Those guys can't even get dates, let alone make it all the way to reproduction, LOL!
thanks for the idea. i'm buying a rail set just to show my wife how much worse things could have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeflyer View Post
if you were to attack the not-included battery with an ice pick or chew on it, then you may eventually contract cancer from lithium poisoning
so again, just for CA
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined May 2012
407 Posts
Years ago I worked at an auto parts store here in Texas. One day a pregnant woman walks up to the counter with the most concerned look on her face and a steering wheel cover in her hand. She pointed out the Kalifornia waning about cancer that said it was known to cause cancer and to avoid direct skin contact.
She asked how she was supposed to use the steering wheel cover if she couldn't touch it.
I responded by a pair of rubber gloves to use while driving with the same label, she started laughing, made fun of Cali (my home state by the way), and bought the wheel cover anyway.
I'm so glad I moved to Texas!
4bangen is online now Find More Posts by 4bangen
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:17 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,810 Posts
yeah. its sad. beautiful state but terrible policies. so 4bangen, you may be one of the datapoints slides 39 and 41? http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...ion_slides.pdf
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
crazyflyer
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
The state California should have a warning lable in the air " Warning Breathing this air maybe Hazardious to your health Please hold your Breath until you exit the state."
1crazyflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1crazyflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined May 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
yeah. its sad. beautiful state but terrible policies. so 4bangen, you may be one of the datapoints slides 39 and 41? http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea...ion_slides.pdf
doubt it, I left in the mid 80's.
4bangen is online now Find More Posts by 4bangen
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:52 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Yep, adult males flying toy airplanes tends to inhibit your reproductive chances
I don't know about that.I met my present g/f as a direct result of her observing me flying one of my helis and stopping to chit chat ...we've been dating now several months ,are engaged to be married soon and are (with stopover to visit grands in Atlanta) on our way back home from the Perry swap meet.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:47 AM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Mar 2012
76 Posts
I used to work for a company in San Diego that owned several car dealerships, and we were required to post those notices at the entrances because there might be motor oil... You know, at a car dealership.
IamNabil is offline Find More Posts by IamNabil
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:51 AM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Mar 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl B View Post
I see nickel is on the list, but I don't see US $.05 coins bearing any label. While protection is good, if your product has a listed material, you must declare it unless you can show that it will cause less than 1 death per 100,000 people when exposed to your product's level for 70 years.

The only reason food isn't labeled up the wazoo is that many of the listed substances are naturally-occurring parts of plants and the soil they grow in.
All joking aside, I image that the reason that you don't see a warning on the nickle is that the federal government doesn't need the state of California's permission to do business in the state.
IamNabil is offline Find More Posts by IamNabil