HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Nov 2010
690 Posts
Discussion
Who's Telemaster is this?

Picked up a very old Telemaster from the Jefco auction this year for $25 (score!) it's got an OS 60 that other guys identified as a 1966 model. My question is this, who made this? I've had a bridi Tele from the 80's and this is much fatter, has a full wood cowl and wood engine rails. The fuse is 52" from nose to tail and a wingspan of 77". She's a big ole girl for sure, not near as light as modern Tele's. Anyone know about what timeframe also? By the way the old OS 60 runs real sweet, took hardly any adjustment after over 25 years or so.
cherokeenut is online now Find More Posts by cherokeenut
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:50 AM
Australia, VIC, Kyneton
Joined Apr 2008
315 Posts
Hi

What shape is the wing in as you look like you have a find. yours Paul T
paul timms is offline Find More Posts by paul timms
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: It's had the motor run
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
690 Posts
The wing is in great shape, I should mention the ailerons are MUCH wider (front/back) than the Bridi version, we have monocote holes here and there but overall the plane is in pretty decent shape.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Kyneton
Joined Apr 2008
315 Posts
I think you got the find of the year . I'm at this moment just in the final stage of a senier Telemaster build. From a Laser cut short kit. Lost a little intrest over the last week only the control surfaces to finish and attach.with the power from a new Saito 100.. will be in the air next Saturday.
paul timms is offline Find More Posts by paul timms
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: It's had the motor run
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:35 AM
Torino, Italy
Joined Oct 2010
37 Posts
Looks like A Telemaster 2000 , a pre built kit from Scorpio , Italy. It was for sale in the early '90, and distributed in USA by hobby lobby, if I remember well.
Fuse sides should be lite plywood...
latinRClover is offline Find More Posts by latinRClover
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
690 Posts
I would agree it might be an ARF, but the servos are the old Futaba twisted wires and you can see where older much larger servos had been in their place, plus it has a 1966 OS 60 although there has been a different muffler at ont time. Was there such a thing as a Telemaster in the late '60's early 70's? The covering isn't ARFish and it's original.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
Torino, Italy
Joined Oct 2010
37 Posts
That Scorpio kit was not a ARF, but a pre-built kit , fuse, wing and tail where pre assembled and the remaining covering and finishing to be done : here is the box content :

and here is a video of another :
Scorpio Telemaster 2000 with SC 10ccm 2-stroke engine - app. 14 years old (1 min 45 sec)
latinRClover is offline Find More Posts by latinRClover
Last edited by latinRClover; Feb 25, 2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Video link added
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
690 Posts
I have to agree with you on this, looking at ours is appears the same. When was it produced?