Joined Jan 2008
538 Posts
Bummer
Tee Bee is offline Find More Posts by Tee Bee
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:28 AM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Guys, let me know what you want. I have short kits of Jr Falcon (build tread on other site), Page Boy, School Boy and Micro Mambo (smaller version of the Mini Mambo by Bob Harris). Almost done with the Jr Skylark and have many of the plans to the planes that were on that site. Probably won't be as fast but I should be able to provide them.

John
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:44 AM
Valdese NC
Joined May 2004
376 Posts
Bob sold the biz to Wing MFG several years ago. Wing just never seemed to make a real go of it.
vic welland is offline Find More Posts by vic welland
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:14 PM
Master of the Figure "9"
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2005
1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic welland View Post
Bob sold the biz to Wing MFG several years ago. Wing just never seemed to make a real go of it.
Or Wing never tried to make a go of it.....I haven't seen them do much in the model arena for many years. They used to be a big supporter, but kinda dropped off the radar years ago.

Hogflyer
hogflyer is offline Find More Posts by hogflyer
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:46 PM
Wilson NC 27896
Joined Apr 2009
762 Posts
Guys, Rubbernecker has cut parts for me (lazer cut) & they are first class. And he participates & flies the stuff he makes.Heres a pic of him doing his thing at last years VRCS event in NC.If ya need something give him a shot.....Gene
gene6029 is offline Find More Posts by gene6029
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:44 PM
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Thanks Gene! I plan on attending this year as well. I read where Vic had posted to someone about the event. Hopefully I will bring some U-Control stuff as well.

John
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:27 AM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogflyer View Post
Or Wing never tried to make a go of it.....I haven't seen them do much in the model arena for many years. They used to be a big supporter, but kinda dropped off the radar years ago.
Perhaps a victim of the foreign manufactured low cost ARF craze?
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:52 AM
Valdese NC
Joined May 2004
376 Posts
GG, It wasn't that.
vic welland is offline Find More Posts by vic welland
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:32 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
587 Posts
Perhaps then insufficient sales to support the bottom line, then I suppose. But that doesn't prevent one from scratch building.

Got your PM Vic, thanks for the info.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GallopingGhostlr; Mar 04, 2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added an additional comment.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:03 PM
Model Hijacker
United States, WA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene6029 View Post
Guys, Rubbernecker has cut parts for me (lazer cut) & they are first class. And he participates & flies the stuff he makes.Heres a pic of him doing his thing at last years VRCS event in NC.If ya need something give him a shot.....Gene
2nd Rubbernecker.

I have a couple of his shortkits now, and will be sending away for more...

I do have to admit, I figured him for a much older guy
MrGoodwreck is offline Find More Posts by MrGoodwreck
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodwreck View Post
2nd Rubbernecker.

I have a couple of his shortkits now, and will be sending away for more...

I do have to admit, I figured him for a much older guy
Gee, I get no respect here! I'm only 49 thank you........... See, I started scratch building when I was a kid because I couldn't afford anything and it has just carried over. I'm currently working on an 020 size racer "Razor". I may do an online build once I finish my daughters PT 20. Almost ready for covering on that.

John
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:36 PM
United States, MN, Andover
Joined Sep 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene6029 View Post
Yikes! That photo looks like me with a beard! And your wearing my clothes too! Are you half bald also? Well, I'm 2 years younger so maybe when I grow up a beard will come.

Nice looking planes! I love 1/2A. I noticed the antique Mattel and Ace (or Testers) pulsers and Kraft equipment. Dang! More stuff like mine! It's like some weird twin thing! I should order some short kites to keep up!
pspring is online now Find More Posts by pspring
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:30 AM
Joined Nov 2009
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspring View Post
Yikes! That photo looks like me with a beard! And your wearing my clothes too! Are you half bald also? Well, I'm 2 years younger so maybe when I grow up a beard will come.

Nice looking planes! I love 1/2A. I noticed the antique Mattel and Ace (or Testers) pulsers and Kraft equipment. Dang! More stuff like mine! It's like some weird twin thing! I should order some short kites to keep up!
Na, I'm pretty much totally bald! Little trim around the base and the rest natural, no shaving. The Kraft radio belongs to Gene. The Mattel was mine. Have 2 more. Let me tell ya, if you look like me, you are one lucky guy!

John