SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Discussion
Suggest me FPV gear

Hi, currently im using ImmersionRC 600mW 5,Ghz transmitter with Fatshark built in 5,8Ghz receiver and im getting very poor results. As i'm fliyin low altitude with multirotor i need smth 1,2Ghz range that has good penetration trough trees etc.

Can someone suggest me compact transmitter/receiver that have good quality with reasonable price tag?
qwerty009 is offline Find More Posts by qwerty009
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:53 AM
No JR tx here!
Eastern ND
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
Are you using stock whip antennas? If so, you will get much improvement by switching over to CP antennas on 5.8ghz. In fact, it's close to night and day, especially when you are transmitting close to the ground.
JRFlyerFPV is offline Find More Posts by JRFlyerFPV
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:13 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFlyerFPV View Post
Are you using stock whip antennas? If so, you will get much improvement by switching over to CP antennas on 5.8ghz. In fact, it's close to night and day, especially when you are transmitting close to the ground.
+1

Its almost a must switch to blue beams on 5.8. Well worth the money. I have 5.8 and 1.2 and 5.8 will not penetrate that well, but with a clear view between the tx and rx it can give great results, scattered trees are not that big of a problem.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4