SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
Speaking of parts, will a majority of the parts from the Mini CP work as replacements parts for the Super CP?
As Crasy said majority of the parts will fit besides the servos and RX.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Does anyone have any reccomendation for a place to buy spare batteries for this? I tried miracle mart but they are sold out on almost all parts for the super cp. I'm mainly looking for china/hongkong shops.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:33 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
Terence has the stock batteries (and other assorted spares) http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraSuperCP.htm
Mini CP Battery 3.7V 240mAh
Item No: HM-MiniCP-Z-17
Special Offer: US$3.50
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:54 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
It is worthwhile searching for spares for the Mini CP when you cannot find what you want with the Super CP. I can see the batteries listed in MM. It could be just that the vendor had not updated their site properly.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
You can get 5x 3.7v 240mAh 25C lipos from banggood for around $10.

They also have 5X 300mAh 15C for around the same price.

I just ordered 10 of the 240mAh for use in my SuperCP and ladybirds.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:51 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,453 Posts
FYI, there are 2 USA sellers on Ebay right now with the Super CP up for $149 shipped. I just ordered one from kettlemoraineoutlet which seems to be the ebay ID associated with http://extremercworld.com/ . They're located in WI. I placed the order this morning and I'm hoping it will only take a few days. The other Ebay seller is in CA but I wanted to avoid our high state sales tax. I was considering driving over to Wow but with CA sales tax and gas prices (plus it's a 20+ min drive from work, so gas $ plus CA tax....).

I do want to get some assorted parts & lipos from Banggood. Has anyone had any trouble getting lipos from them? I just had a package of 5 lipos from an Ebay seller in HK refused by customs. Is Banggood better at shipping them?
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
FYI, there are 2 USA sellers on Ebay right now with the Super CP up for $149 shipped. I just ordered one from kettlemoraineoutlet which seems to be the ebay ID associated with http://extremercworld.com/ . They're located in WI. I placed the order this morning and I'm hoping it will only take a few days. The other Ebay seller is in CA but I wanted to avoid our high state sales tax. I was considering driving over to Wow but with CA sales tax and gas prices (plus it's a 20+ min drive from work, so gas $ plus CA tax....).

I do want to get some assorted parts & lipos from Banggood. Has anyone had any trouble getting lipos from them? I just had a package of 5 lipos from an Ebay seller in HK refused by customs. Is Banggood better at shipping them?
I e-mailed Wow Hobbies the other day and asked when they'd be getting the RTF version back in stock and they said by the end of the month hopefully. Even though I may pay a little more, I think I will buy from them. Maybe they'd give me a little discount? I'd rather shop local than buy online. I'd probably end up buying some extra skids and batteries from them as well.
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:18 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,453 Posts
Interesting.... they're out of stock on the Super CP RTF? Not per the website and the 1st item on their FAQ is:

How do I know if an item is in stock?
We use a real-time inventory system, so if and only if you can "add to cart," the item is in stock.

Before I ordered mine this morning I was thinking of driving over there tomorrow....
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
When you actually click on "Add to Cart" it comes up with a message that says "The quantity you requested (1) is not currently in stock.".
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:13 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,453 Posts
Not for me, it happily puts one in my cart (using Chrome & IE browsers).
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:46 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Could someone who has the super cp help me out a bit? if so, could you please PM me your skype. thanks
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
I've crashed multiple times with tail first and its held on well, but I think i'll be needing to buy new skids and a tail boom now..
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
It looks like that you may want someone local to help you. If you could tell us where you are in Canada, perhaps someone who lives close to you may be able to help. Otherwise, you could post your problem in as detailed a way as possible.

You have to be very careful when you replace the tail boom. That is when most of the problems with burnt receivers occur through the blowing of a tail fet. You should make sure that there are no short circuits when you put it back in. For this reason, I prefer to buy complete plug n play tail boom sets.

If you tail motor is still working, you can consider using a solid 2.5mm CF boom which you should be able to get from you LHS or sites such rcfoam.com. Simply sand the round ends to the solid boom to a square so it can be used in the heli. If you decide to use a solid tail boom, you should consider changing the tail motor wires to a thicker type such as 28 swg. Again you must be confident with what you are doing in order to avoid a blown receiver.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
How many degrees of positive and negative pitch does the Super CP have? +-10 of each? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy this! Not because I don't think it would be a good fit. Just because $150 is a lot for me and I hate spending money - hahah.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:51 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
Not because I don't think it would be a good fit. Just because $150 is a lot for me and I hate spending money - hahah.

Perhaps this isn't a good hobby for you then.....

On another subject, my dad will be 91 on Monday. My sister in NJ is starting to clean out his lifetime collection of stuff in the basement and just sent me a box of small tools. He was an electronics tech and also liked working on clocks. I got a huge collection of tiny jeweler screwdrivers, and old but never used boxed Weller 60Watt soldering station with a low voltage pencil, another 6v low voltage tip (also boxed never used - too bad the Weller trans is 24v), 2 micrometers (analog dials...made WELL before anyone knew what "digital" was, lol), and a host of other cool stuff including a pic of my dad as a teen holding a flying model he built. Thanks, dad! Love you, you're the greatest!

and....my Super CP is on a slow-moving UPS truck somewhere west of Chicago..... hopefully heading into the sunset....