Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmacdon View Post
Hey everybody, I'm in Orange County ca and bought my super from wowhobbies. I drove there and they test flew it for me when I bought it. They do restock pretty quickly if their out. The thing I don't like about them is they don't have any customer service. They don't return emails. If you buy a rtf version from them and the tx is already setup, the first thing a lot of noobs like myself do is blow out the settings when first playing with it. So I really suggest as soon as turning it on the first time go into settings model and make a copy of the settings it came with, it will save you a headache and give you a second set to tweak and play with. Also I have both devo 7 and 7e and both work well with Phoenix sim. Setup as generic controller and reverse a couple settings and your good to go. Also turn on controller and plug into PC before turning on Phoenix. As far as super cp I like a lot, fun to fly but buy extra landing skids as they break pretty easy. After a month that's all I've broken.
Thanks for your input, and the durability of this heli is quite amazing, so far I myself haven't broken any pieces either.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:11 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
306 Posts
I've been super careful with this heli, as it flies nice and clean. No crashes yet, but the same can't be said toward my brushless genius cp . The plastic compound is a lot better than the genius', because it's more flexible. I've managed to get the battery too far forward, and the heatshrink over it causes the battery not to come out again without lots of effort :P. Anyone have this problem?
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
I have to add to this conversation my experience.

I ordered 2 Super CP RTF kits from WowHobbies 02/13/2013. I also called them and asked about alternative shipping options as I was hoping to have them by Saturday 02/16/2013. I was told they would research other methods and get back to me.

A few hours later, they called and said USPS Priority mail would deliver on Saturday and the cost would be $35.25. Since the original quote for FedEx ground was $27.75, I felt the extra $7.50 was well worth being able to have them here on Saturday.

Sure enough, they showed up Saturday morning along with the spare parts I ordered as well.

OUTSTANDING service and delivery from WowHobbies! I will be shopping with them again, probably soon with these helis! lol

PS: I live in Texas,
draHeiD is offline Find More Posts by draHeiD
Last edited by draHeiD; Feb 23, 2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: More details...and fix typo
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draHeiD View Post
MoHave to add to this conversation my experience.

I ordered 2 Super CP RTF kits from WowHobbies 02/13/2013. I also called them and asked about alternative shipping options as I was hoping to have them by Saturday 02/16/2013. I was told they would research other methods and get back to me.

A few hours later, they called and said USPS Priority mail would deliver on Saturday and the cost would be $35.25. Since the original quote for FedEx ground was $27.75, I felt the extra $7.50 was well worth being able to have them here on Saturday.

Sure enough, they showed up Saturday morning along with the spare parts I ordered as well.

OUTSTANDING service and delivery from WowHobbies! I will be shopping with them again, probably soon with these helis! lol

Thanks for your review on wowhobbies, its lucky for people in USA to have rc shops there which deliver, I dont think there are many good ones in Canada.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:54 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
I have to add to this conversation my experience.

They're out of stock of the RTF version, I think you bought the last of them! Hahah. They are fortunately within driving distance of me. Maybe once they get them back in stock I'll give them a call. Thanks for the feedback.
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:59 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
I've been super careful with this heli, as it flies nice and clean. No crashes yet, but the same can't be said toward my brushless genius cp . The plastic compound is a lot better than the genius', because it's more flexible. I've managed to get the battery too far forward, and the heatshrink over it causes the battery not to come out again without lots of effort :P. Anyone have this problem?
Yes, on some batteries. the little flap near the front gets stuck on the battery tray. Just shave the extra material off and it makes it easier. same issue on the MiniCP as well.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:10 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,109 Posts
Rob,

I'd read some negative comments about dealing with Wow remotely but I'm impressed by the stock they seem to carry. They're not exactly "local" for me but working in Cypress, I could get there on an extra long lunch break. Was the price you paid in line with what's listed on their site?

As for the Lakewood HobbyPeople shop, they had some cheap 3ch micros on teh sales floor and some larger stuff behind the counter. The only 100-class heli I saw was a boxed Wasp FP in the display case. When one of the staff asked what I was looking for, I said I was interested in a 100-class CP and he said "we don't have anything like that". Looked like they had more car and plane stuff.

There's an R/C place here in town I'm going to try to check out today but I get the feeling from their website they deal mostly in custom builds for the studios.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Anyone familiar with a reasonably priced hobby shop in Canada? (Which ships)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
I am not familiar with them but there is RC Helicopter Select in Vancouver, BC that you might look at: http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/

They have the Super CP for $139.99 USD here: without transmitter - With 7E it's $179.99.
draHeiD is offline Find More Posts by draHeiD
Last edited by draHeiD; Feb 23, 2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Corrected price
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
I am not familiar with them but there is RC Helicopter Select in Vancouver, BC that you might look at: http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/

They have the Super CP for $139.99 USD here: without transmitter - With 7E it's $179.99.
Thanks a lot draHeiD, i'll take a look at it now.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Just took a look at the site, and things here seem to be quite expensive (without shipping), really not worth buying from here.

I really appreciate you helping out, if I ever need anything quickly I may consider buying from here.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:20 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Update: I did manage to crash it again, and the skids seemed to have broken a bit, although its not too bad, some glue should be able to fix it.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:25 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Speaking of parts, will a majority of the parts from the Mini CP work as replacements parts for the Super CP?
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
116 Posts
Yes, in principle is everything beside the RX and the three servos identical to the Mini CP.

Only the servo holder is modified on the Super CP the plastic is longer, so the CFK pice gets less force, in addition the canopy position is better positioned, but you can also use the Mini CP holder no impact on the function, "if you are too stupid to fix the canopy with the old holder, than you should stop this hobby", not against you, just a general statement, we should still know what we are doing.
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:14 AM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
1,048 Posts
+1 for wowhobbies, I buy a lot of parts from them two day service from CA to GA shipping very reasonable .
Laneritc is offline Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Radian Sailplane, next project