HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:16 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...)-p-59454.html

Banggood has it for $132 with free shipping. I think I've pretty much decided on this being my first CP. Now I just need to save up my pennies.
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
I bought mine from ac-rc.com because the price for a rtf shipped to the US is less that $140. Also, the shipping took 7 days. Impressive, considering it comes from overseas. It includes all the packaging and doesnt have a stripped down tape-covered syrafoam box. I'd recommend.

It's my second CP, so I didnt buy parts because I figured I wouldnt be crashing too much. For a newbie to CPs, I'd get at least a spare landing gear and a spare tail boom. Also make sure to hot glue the power leads connection to the rx board, and the little black component next to the bottom right plug(anyone need a picture?). For a simulator, I personally didn't need one until I needed to learn inverted orientation.
Cool, thanks. I was considering ac-rc. This will be my first CP so I think I'll want a sim. Do you know if I'll need anything extra with the 7E Tx for Phoenix? I saw something about a 1/8" plug but from what I read it's just a dummy plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...)-p-59454.html

Banggood has it for $132 with free shipping. I think I've pretty much decided on this being my first CP. Now I just need to save up my pennies.
I see you're in Lakewood. I work in Cypress and was wondering about the Hobby People LHS in Lakewood. Ever been there?
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
I have never been there. Or maybe when I was a kid but don't remember. You bring up a good point, it would be nice to support the local economy but that usually means spending more money and saving money has been my main issue throughout this whole looking for a first CP helicopter.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:23 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,230 Posts
Sometimes, I would gladly pay a reasonable amount more to get it now rather than have to deal directly with China. I just had an order of 6 lipos from an ebay seller turned back by customs after 3 weeks. I would have gladly paid another few bucks plus tax to have those batteries 3 weeks ago. I'm also looking at couple of domestic ebay sellers for the Super CP. I suspect though, especially for items on the toy/hobby cusp and parts, that most LHSs don't stock them for economic reasons. There's an R/C shop in Burbank too I need to check out.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Sometimes, I would gladly pay a reasonable amount more to get it now rather than have to deal directly with China. I just had an order of 6 lipos from an ebay seller turned back by customs after 3 weeks. I would have gladly paid another few bucks plus tax to have those batteries 3 weeks ago. I'm also looking at couple of domestic ebay sellers for the Super CP. I suspect though, especially for items on the toy/hobby cusp and parts, that most LHSs don't stock them for economic reasons. There's an R/C shop in Burbank too I need to check out.
I'm not ready to buy mine at the moment so if you find out any information on local availability let me know. Good point about the dealing with China and customs thing.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:37 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Cool, thanks. I was considering ac-rc. This will be my first CP so I think I'll want a sim. Do you know if I'll need anything extra with the 7E Tx for Phoenix? I saw something about a 1/8" plug but from what I read it's just a dummy plug.
If you have a phoenix dongle with a 3.5mm plug, you should be good to go. I got mine from a friend, and purchased a dongle online. People may hate on me for not supporting, but I really didn't have the funds at the time. The 3.5mm cable in the box is for transferring models between walkera txs i think. It also works with my 3.5mm->usb dongle.
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined May 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
I hear wowhobbies is a decent walkera seller in the US. Never bought from them though.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
From whom did you buy it, what area was it delivered to, and how long did it take to get? Did you buy any spare parts up front? Did you get a simulator? I'm also flying a 911 and have pretty much decided on getting the Super CP. I just want to get it from a decent vendor and not have to wait a month for delivery...
Bought mine from ac-rc, and it took a little over an week. I didn't buy any parts upfront. And no simulator either.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
I hear wowhobbies is a decent walkera seller in the US. Never bought from them though.
Indeed wowhobbies is, although shipping to Canada was not the best. It's sucks not to have any major sellers here in Canada.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
If anyone has any requests to do a review for a certain product next please let me know, I am taking requests.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:50 AM
Joined May 2012
306 Posts
mcpx bl edition
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:41 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
mcpx bl edition
Hehe, I've heard some great things about that heli, if I can get my hands on it I will review it for sure.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:53 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
I have never been there. Or maybe when I was a kid but don't remember. You bring up a good point, it would be nice to support the local economy but that usually means spending more money and saving money has been my main issue throughout this whole looking for a first CP helicopter.
Stopped in today on the way home from work. Was mostly a waste of time.....
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:58 AM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Stopped in today on the way home from work. Was mostly a waste of time.....
Bummer, the internet it is.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:54 AM
Southern cal. Flyer
Joined Jan 2013
46 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm in Orange County ca and bought my super from wowhobbies. I drove there and they test flew it for me when I bought it. They do restock pretty quickly if their out. The thing I don't like about them is they don't have any customer service. They don't return emails. If you buy a rtf version from them and the tx is already setup, the first thing a lot of noobs like myself do is blow out the settings when first playing with it. So I really suggest as soon as turning it on the first time go into settings model and make a copy of the settings it came with, it will save you a headache and give you a second set to tweak and play with. Also I have both devo 7 and 7e and both work well with Phoenix sim. Setup as generic controller and reverse a couple settings and your good to go. Also turn on controller and plug into PC before turning on Phoenix. As far as super cp I like a lot, fun to fly but buy extra landing skids as they break pretty easy. After a month that's all I've broken.
Robmacdon is offline Find More Posts by Robmacdon