HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:52 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Mini-Review
[New CP Helicopter] Walkera Super CP Mini Review + Unboxing

Walkera Super Cp Review

Hi guys, i'd like to start off by letting you know this is my very first CP helicopter ever. Before I got this Walkera Super CP I was in love with the v959 and v911 (both brilliant heli's/quads).

When I first got the walkera super cp my first thoughts were this is going to be great, mainly for the fact it was going to be my first CP helicopter, but also because it was small (which I like) you can compare the size with the v911 its about the same.

Introduction
At first glance it may look identical to the Walkera Super CP although it does have some differences. The differences between the two is in the electronics. The main motor for the Super CP is smaller than the one on the mini cp, along with that the 5 wire servos.

Quick Specs

* Main Rotor Diameter : 240mm
* Tail Rotor Diameter : 42 mm
* Overall Length : 210mm
* Weight : 45g
* GYRO : 3-axis
* Main Motor : Brushed 0820R
* Tail Motor : Brushed 0615R
* Servo : WK-02-5, Speed 0.12sec/60 (3.0 ~ 4.5V), Dimension 16.5 x 6.8 x 15.7mm
* Transmitter : Only DEVO Series
* Battery : 3.7V 240mAh Li-Po (5-6 Minutes Flight Time)

Let's take a peek inside

As I said earlier, the outside seemed very similar to the mini cp, and the inside can too to an extent, but really this is a stripped down version of the mini cp, not to say its bad, its actually brilliant. But if you've seen the mini cp you can see the main motor on the SCP is smaller than the Mini CP.

The unboxing
Sorry for not posting my own unboxing, but mine came in just styrofoam wrapped with yellow tape, I was not happy about it, so I did not bother making my own, but I have found a great video on youtube.

Video credits: rcmaniac098202
Unboxing the Walkera Super CP (3 min 36 sec)

The Flight

My first flight with my very first CP helicopter turned out to be a great success. I have some large area's in my home so I was able to hover it quite well, although i've got to say there was a little movement from the tail which kept pushing it around quite a bit, but I guess you could expect that, and I also needed to setup the trim. Anyways, luckily my first flight had no crashes and I was able to hover around quite well. Although coming from the v911 it is definitely a challenge.

I will be updating this thread with some of my own videos, but i'd like to get a better hang of it before posting them, till then let's take a look at some videos now on youtube and see this bad boy in action

Walkera Super CP Original (3 min 5 sec)

Walkera Super CP (2 min 55 sec)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Thoughts

To end this off, i'd really like to say this helicopter is a blast, for a first time CP helicopter pilot I am in love, and doing great. IF you are coming from a v911 I will tell you now, it will take some time to get the hang of it, but once you do, boy is it fun! If you are sitting there wondering should I get it? Is it worth it to buy this? YES, it is a brilliant helicopter available for a decent price with a Devo 7E.

Pros

- Great for beginners
- Durable (Crashed it about 4-5 times on the concrete, and haven't broken anything)
- Great for the value

Cons

Honestly, as of now I don't have any cons, I am in love with it. Of course later on I may find some defects or problems but really this is great for beginners.

Thanks for reading my review, I hope you enjoyed it and got the information you were looking for!

Once again, i'd like to thank www.ac-rc.com for the product and quick shipping they product, I suggest if you are looking to purchase this product you visit them.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
Last edited by rctech96; Mar 24, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
253 Posts
Great review! I am looking for my first CP, but don't know if the new 120d02s is better, since it is brushless and does not use a tail motor.
samho2088 is offline Find More Posts by samho2088
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samho2088 View Post
Great review! I am looking for my first CP, but don't know if the new 120d02s is better, since it is brushless and does not use a tail motor.
Hi Samho! Appreciate the comment, anyways, if I were you, I would take a look at these factors when buying my first cp heli.

1) Price, is it cheap? You don't want to buy something really expensive and break it.
2) Is it durable? This is very important as a beginner you will face many crashes
3) Are the spare parts cheap?

I would suggest keep those in mind when buying your heli.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
309 Posts
The v120d02s is larger and a torque tube heli. Performance should be better, but due to the larger size, weight, and torque tube design, it's highly likely that you will need many spare parts compared to the plastic 100 size micros like this.

rctech96, if you would, may you please put my username in the unboxing video section? It's my video, anyways. Thanks ahead of time.
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
The v120d02s is larger and a torque tube heli. Performance should be better, but due to the larger size, weight, and torque tube design, it's highly likely that you will need many spare parts compared to the plastic 100 size micros like this.

rctech96, if you would, may you please put my username in the unboxing video section? It's my video, anyways. Thanks ahead of time.
Oh thanks for letting me know rcmaniac! Sure will do right now!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:43 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Looking possibly to get this at my first CP helicopter coming from a v911. What makes the Super CP for "beginners"? The price for the RTF package is about what I wanted to spend. I've heard pretty well reviews. And I think I'm ready for the transition from 4CH to 6CH.
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
Looking possibly to get this at my first CP helicopter coming from a v911. What makes the Super CP for "beginners"? The price for the RTF package is about what I wanted to spend. I've heard pretty well reviews. And I think I'm ready for the transition from 4CH to 6CH.
Honestly, as for me, coming from the v911 I loved it. Although it may be a bit hard at first you will get used to it.

As for how is it good beginner heli, its so because the parts are pretty cheap, and available widely. Also the durability, it is quite durable, survived crashes multiple times on concrete.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:18 AM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctech96 View Post
Honestly, as for me, coming from the v911 I loved it. Although it may be a bit hard at first you will get used to it.

As for how is it good beginner heli, its so because the parts are pretty cheap, and available widely. Also the durability, it is quite durable, survived crashes multiple times on concrete.
That's good to hear. I'm patient with learning so I don't think the transition to a 6CH CP is going to be a problem. Just definitely a lot of practice. I'm going to be so excited when I buy this or whatever other CP helicopter - hahah.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:26 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
That's good to hear. I'm patient with learning so I don't think the transition to a 6CH CP is going to be a problem. Just definitely a lot of practice. I'm going to be so excited when I buy this or whatever other CP helicopter - hahah.
It sure is a great experience. If you need any help let me know.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:32 AM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
The Devo 7e is able to customize pitch and throttle curves, correct?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Yes, but there is also another potential bonus. There is a third party firmware available which will make the transmitter compatible with Spektrum DSM2, some Nine Eagles/Helimax helicopters, Hubsan X4 and the V911 (with hardware modification). Note that it is not officially released for the 7e yet but there is a beta version around.

www.deviationtx.com
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
if you have any other questions post them here, myself or others will answer them.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:20 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctech96 View Post
if you have any other questions post them here, myself or others will answer them.
From whom did you buy it, what area was it delivered to, and how long did it take to get? Did you buy any spare parts up front? Did you get a simulator? I'm also flying a 911 and have pretty much decided on getting the Super CP. I just want to get it from a decent vendor and not have to wait a month for delivery...
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
I buy most of my stuff from Terence http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraSuperCP_Heli.htm He's Hong Kong based and my stuff takes 7-10 days to arrive on average, but I'm based in the UK...
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
From whom did you buy it, what area was it delivered to, and how long did it take to get? Did you buy any spare parts up front? Did you get a simulator? I'm also flying a 911 and have pretty much decided on getting the Super CP. I just want to get it from a decent vendor and not have to wait a month for delivery...
I bought mine from ac-rc.com because the price for a rtf shipped to the US is less that $140. Also, the shipping took 7 days. Impressive, considering it comes from overseas. It includes all the packaging and doesnt have a stripped down tape-covered syrafoam box. I'd recommend.

It's my second CP, so I didnt buy parts because I figured I wouldnt be crashing too much. For a newbie to CPs, I'd get at least a spare landing gear and a spare tail boom. Also make sure to hot glue the power leads connection to the rx board, and the little black component next to the bottom right plug(anyone need a picture?). For a simulator, I personally didn't need one until I needed to learn inverted orientation.
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Last edited by rcmaniac098202; Feb 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM.