SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:13 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Mate, it's simple.

I am not saying it's a bad gimbal. It does more or less the same job as a quality Alexmos unit, but it cost's 2x as much because it says DJI on it. Why on earth would you buy a 2 axis DJI gimbal, when you can get a 2 axis Alexmos quality gimbal WITH the option to upgrade to a 3 axis in a couple of months, at a CHEAPER price than what a 2 axis DJI gimbal cost? It just makes no sense to me.

I would get it if you had no idea about this technology, but people that are into the hobby, know what Alexmos is and does and STILL buys the DJI unit - I will never understand.

That's why I am informing people in this thread, so they don't give money to the person (DJI) who screams the loudest.
Im sorry, but it is you who do not understand. THIS THREAD IS THE H3-2D THREAD. I'm glad you admit that your only purpose on this thread is to make sure nobody buys a DJI H3-2D because Alexmos and Flyduiono exist. What you are doing on this thread is A: Trolling, B: uncalled for and C: really starting to get on peoples nerves.

If you want to rant about how terribly overpriced you think this gimbal is, start a thread and do it there. I for one would really appreciate it. Heck, if this gimbal has issues and I don't like it I will be glad to jump right in on that thread and let you know how right you were. I'll post about it here too if it turns out that way. My point is that this thread is not the place for the promotion of Alexmos (which I do like by the way), Flyduino or any other product than the H3-2D and it is now several pages longer than it should be because you are arguing with anyone who can read about the price of this gimbal and how well cheaper ones work etc. etc. etc. when you aren't even getting one!

Start a thread, post us a link, and we can all go there and rant till our hearts content. I would like to be able to read about the H3-2D when I am on this thread if you don't mind, that's all.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
@Texasredrider and Daskim

I was sent one to familiarize me with the product. Unfortunately I got very little time with it. I mounted it on a F550 Quad with iOSD and the Phantom then I had to send it back. No I have no priority on the production versions. I wish I did. I am definitely planning on getting one. The only filming that I did was at 2.7k and 24fps. The output was good in my opinion. But it was for testing not for production and boring.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:16 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,743 Posts
Thanks Ed.

Appreciate the response.

- - david
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:32 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
@Texasredrider and Daskim

I was sent one to familiarize me with the product. Unfortunately I got very little time with it. I mounted it on a F550 Quad with iOSD and the Phantom then I had to send it back. No I have no priority on the production versions. I wish I did. I am definitely planning on getting one. The only filming that I did was at 2.7k and 24fps. The output was good in my opinion. But it was for testing not for production and boring.

Hi Ed! What was your flight time with the f550 and the H3 2D?

Thanks!

Arnold
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:40 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Hi Ed! What was your flight time with the f550 and the H3 2D?

Thanks!

Arnold
I was flying the F550 as a quad with the 10x3.8props on 4000mAh 4S and I was getting an easy 9 minutes
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I was flying the F550 as a quad with the 10x3.8props on 4000mAh 4S and I was getting an easy 9 minutes
Was it an easy install on the F550?

Did you have a NAZA-M V.2?

- - david
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Was it an easy install on the F550?

Did you have a NAZA-M V.2?

- - david
Yes and Yes. Follow the instructions on the manual.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,743 Posts
got it

- - david
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:21 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Are we back on topic now
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Sorry thought we were talking about the H3-2D.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:09 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Can't wait for one that I can keep to show up.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:18 PM
Pointy end up.
Canada, ON, Tobermory
Joined Feb 2013
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domkane View Post
Hey guys, I've got this crazy idea.... Now bear with me, it's a little "out there"...

If you're not interested in a product, try not following the info threads for that product.

I'm not a fan of Ford Fiestas... So as whacky as it sounds, I don't subscribe to their threads.

Kinda saves a few hours of reading time for people like me who actually are interested in the Zen H3-2D.
+1 couldn't have said it any better! - i'd save more data on my cell plan if some people could observe this....wouldn't have to check through useless posts
jamesdrone is offline Find More Posts by jamesdrone
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Nov 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Mate, it's simple.

I am not saying it's a bad gimbal. It does more or less the same job as a quality Alexmos unit, but it cost's 2x as much because it says DJI on it. Why on earth would you buy a 2 axis DJI gimbal, when you can get a 2 axis Alexmos quality gimbal WITH the option to upgrade to a 3 axis in a couple of months, at a CHEAPER price than what a 2 axis DJI gimbal cost? It just makes no sense to me.

I would get it if you had no idea about this technology, but people that are into the hobby, know what Alexmos is and does and STILL buys the DJI unit - I will never understand.

That's why I am informing people in this thread, so they don't give money to the person (DJI) who screams the loudest.
Thanks for informing us.
Seems like better priced options than the overpriced and over delayed Zenmuse
colorado68 is offline Find More Posts by colorado68
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:18 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,534 Posts
I would like to chime in on this. I love the DJI unit. It is a very sanitary straight to the point design. Low parts count and highly integrated with the GoPro 3. From an engineering standpoint, it is all thumbs up. Since owning a DJI product (F450 ARF with NAZA M and GPS) I have been very impressed with thier quality and performance. I was flying a homebuilt quad before and the difference was like night and day on a different planet. So I am a fan of DJI products. Folks that purchase the H3 2D gimbal I expect should be very happy with it.

That said, I do appreciate Beamen's input. The Alexmos unit has heretofore set the baseline standard for brushless gimbal controllers for the hobbyists as far as I can tell. It also lets me know that while the DJI unit does not handle the 3W camera making the Alexmos a viable alternative for me while costing half as much, and seems to deliver outstanding performance also.

What kills me here is the needless arguing. So someone says something. Let them say it and get back on topic. There is no need to prove a point. The product will do that for itself.

Sorry to add to the needless posts,
Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Jun 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:31 PM
Joined Mar 2013
18 Posts
DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal

Hello,

I just ordered a Zenmuse gimbal does anyone know if it comes with the parts to run the 7th Chanel? If It doesn't where can I buy it. M

Thank you,
George Templeton
Gtempleton is offline Find More Posts by Gtempleton