HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2011
241 Posts
vr360 is offline Find More Posts by vr360
Last edited by vr360; Feb 28, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:57 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr360 View Post
God Bless you DJI'ers. You just keep drinking the Koolaid. I think I'll invent a de-programmer to "un-brainwash" those who venture over to the darkside
And what DJI products have you owned/currently own?? Most of us use DJI because we ventured to the darkside of YS, MulitWii, Gaui, and MK to name a few. We fly them because they work more reliably than the rest. Yes I have flown them, yes I have a CC3D and have ordered a Revo to test. Let's see when was that due, January, oh I forgot you can't question Dankers. My bad. If you don't like the product don't buy it. I am sure that there are a lot of guys out there that will sell you an Alexmos gimbal when they finally progress beyond a science fair project. I am not rewinding motors, sorry.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:01 PM
Mad ExperiMentalist
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Dec 2010
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Just pop back from Bve-expo London.
I saw the Dji gopro gimbal first hand, it wasn't on display but the Dji rep I was speaking to happily went around the back to get it.

Man this thing is tiny, just like the big Z15 I can clearly see that tremendous amount of ingenuity went in to it.

Picking sense from what I was told it will be geared at the hobby level.
Only hope this hobby level flows hand in hand with a low hobby price

A few other mutirotor guys were about too, plus vast amount of fancy cameras electronics and gadgets all over the place.

I see pitch and yaw, I don't see roll, or am I missing something?
mikerxer is offline Find More Posts by mikerxer
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:18 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,771 Posts
Here is a picture from the German Toy show. It shows a little of the back of the gimbal. It is of the two axis.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,742 Posts
Quote:
God Bless you DJI'ers. You just keep drinking the Koolaid. I think I'll invent a de-programmer to "un-brainwash" those who venture over to the darkside
I don't get comments like this.

I've used five different flight controllers including KK, Quadrino, and CC3D, but settled on the Naza M.

If you aren't interested in Naza products, why come to this thread and stereotype every person who decides to use them?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:50 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
961 Posts
Quote:
I have no axe to grind and no particular loyalty to any one manufacturer . I use DJI flight controllers after trying most of the others simply because they are the best. Naza hands down best FC in he world today for both setup flight characteristics and cost . Wkm equally good but pricey . Kk2.0 great and only 30 bucks . But alt hold on naza second to none . Just my experiences
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am sure that there are a lot of guys out there that will sell you an Alexmos gimbal when they finally progress beyond a science fair project.
Now that's cute.

By your logic, all of us who got the early WKM's were what? Overpaying beta testers of a mass produced science fair project? Please. BRB flips 'n white lights.
pantherqs is offline Find More Posts by pantherqs
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:46 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherqs View Post
Now that's cute.

By your logic, all of us who got the early WKM's were what? Overpaying beta testers of a mass produced science fair project? Please. BRB flips 'n white lights.
I had one of the first WKM's in the US and did not consider myself a beta tester. Yes there were some issues along the way, but did you notice that DJI took care of all of those effected? Shall we discuss all the manufactures that sell and never support. That is not the point here. If you are dissatisfied sell what you have and move on.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:14 AM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2012
359 Posts
The whole opensource FC vs Naza reminds me of the Linux vs Windows debate. I used Linux exclusively for a couple years back in the 90's, and while it had its pluses, it sucked up time. Now I mostly use Windows 7 (although I still have Ubuntu running in VirtualBox from time to time). I use Windows because it just works and lets me get on with my life.

Anything opensource and free is going to suck up your time. If you enjoy putting your time into those things, there's nothing wrong with that. But not everyone wants to spend days setting up their operating system (thinking back to Slackware in 1995). The same goes with flight controllers. The nice thing about the Naza is it just works. You can spend your time out flying rather than at a bench.

I think it's wonderful there's such a wide array of FC choices out there. And I think it's great there are some economical choices. But the opensource guys really need to lighten up. If you enjoy your opensource projects and development and like putting your time into them, that's completely fine. But not everyone wants to spend their time that way. There are only so many hours in a day.
NCC1701D is offline Find More Posts by NCC1701D
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:26 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC1701D View Post
The whole opensource FC vs Naza reminds me of the Linux vs Windows debate. I used Linux exclusively for a couple years back in the 90's, and while it had its pluses, it sucked up time. Now I mostly use Windows 7 (although I still have Ubuntu running in VirtualBox from time to time). I use Windows because it just works and lets me get on with my life.

Anything opensource and free is going to suck up your time. If you enjoy putting your time into those things, there's nothing wrong with that. But not everyone wants to spend days setting up their operating system (thinking back to Slackware in 1995). The same goes with flight controllers. The nice thing about the Naza is it just works. You can spend your time out flying rather than at a bench.

I think it's wonderful there's such a wide array of FC choices out there. And I think it's great there are some economical choices. But the opensource guys really need to lighten up. If you enjoy your opensource projects and development and like putting your time into them, that's completely fine. But not everyone wants to spend their time that way. There are only so many hours in a day.
Well said.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1,742 Posts
C'mon Ed.

You must know the price DJI is going to offer the Zenmuse GoPro gimbal at.

Level with us (pun intended).
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:34 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
C'mon Ed.

You must know the price DJI is going to offer the Zenmuse GoPro gimbal at.

Level with us (pun intended).
I wish I did. But I do not. They are keeping that close to the vest for now. I am waiting to get one what ever the price. I think that it will be totally worth it for Naza and Wookong. I am hoping that the H versions are also supported. Time will tell.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
My guess it will be around the $800-1,000 amount (hopefully, thats about the max i'll go)

Ill be at NAB in Las Vegas and i know they've got a booth... so ill be making a stop to see what the word is. Plus that will be April so hopefully there will be a show special!

Will the DJI Phantom be able to hold the gimbal??
Radio_flyer is offline Find More Posts by Radio_flyer
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_flyer View Post
My guess it will be around the $800-1,000 amount (hopefully, thats about the max i'll go)

Ill be at NAB in Las Vegas and i know they've got a booth... so ill be making a stop to see what the word is. Plus that will be April so hopefully there will be a show special!

Will the DJI Phantom be able to hold the gimbal??
Without knowing the specs of the gimbal, it's hard to say.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
I had one of the first WKM's in the US and did not consider myself a beta tester.
LOL. Okay. lol.

Quote:
Yes there were some issues along the way, but did you notice that DJI took care of all of those effected? Shall we discuss all the manufactures that sell and never support. That is not the point here. If you are dissatisfied sell what you have and move on.
Yeah, they totally took care of everyone. Right. About that koolaid.

As for the opensource comments, what? You fly the naza, then adjust gains. Just like APM or mwc, except PID's. Does the word pid scare you? It's not like you have to write your own althold function from scratch or something.
pantherqs is offline Find More Posts by pantherqs