HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:02 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9996 View Post
For those in the UK I see DJI are at BVExpo.
sweet just registered for free, Ill be there
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinguinn View Post
I'd say the performance difference between this gimbal and any other BL direct drive gimbal will speak for itself.
Prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PCngdQJFrsU

Post a video of the gimbal and mimic that video without postprocessing. Then come back on here and make those claims. I guess you might need to get a real FC then too, but hey, that's just semantics.
pantherqs is offline Find More Posts by pantherqs
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,004 Posts
Will it have a built in video line for the gopro video out like the original zenmuse has for GH2 and NEX? If not, can a video line for a VTx be plugged into gopro without messing with the the gimbal performance?
isaacintheclouds is online now Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
403 Posts
Subscribed
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined May 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherqs View Post
Prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PCngdQJFrsU

Post a video of the gimbal and mimic that video without postprocessing. Then come back on here and make those claims. I guess you might need to get a real FC then too, but hey, that's just semantics.
For the record, i have flown several multis with a NAZA easily as hard as the flight you mentioned without any problems. Full aerobatics, loops and all. I personally think that the NAZA anyhow, flies great. I didnt have the best of experiences with the WKM, but the one I had was the original which had some bugs that were apparently worked out,(but I ain't spending 1200$ again to find out for sure ).
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:52 PM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
For the record, i have flown several multis with a NAZA easily as hard as the flight you mentioned without any problems. Full aerobatics, loops and all. I personally think that the NAZA anyhow, flies great. I didnt have the best of experiences with the WKM, but the one I had was the original which had some bugs that were apparently worked out,(but I ain't spending 1200$ again to find out for sure ).
I absolutely hated everything about my WKM. Biggest heap of crap I've ever had the displeasure of using. In fact, I feel that a 150$ APM 2.5 clone on one of the rigs I'm flying now is just as capable at a fraction of the cost.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:49 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
926 Posts
Quote:
please tell me what those bugs you suspect were, as I'm about to hang a z15 under your WKM. it has behaved well so far but I am worried you know something I don't.... cheers
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:02 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,419 Posts
@pantherqs
Yeah, if multicopter is the illness, APM is the cure

If somebody has questions concerning the setup and useage of an APM, pantherqs can help you.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:17 AM
Joined Feb 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@pantherqs
Yeah, if multicopter is the illness, APM is the cure

If somebody has questions concerning the setup and useage of an APM, pantherqs can help you.

best regards

Ferdinand
Yeah, wkm wouldn't cure that. It's not like you see s800s/wkms crater ever or anything. Also, I'd gladly help anyone with a apm. WKM? I'd rather bludgeon my poop hole with a rusty batton than deal with that.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
245 Posts
Is there a good tutorial or primer for APM 2.5 with waypoints? I'd really like to build a waypoint capable machine on the cheap. Is it iPad compatible? (Sorry for off topic)
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
Joined May 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
please tell me what those bugs you suspect were, as I'm about to hang a z15 under your WKM. it has behaved well so far but I am worried you know something I don't.... cheers
Well, from my experience, they werent handling any wind very well. I constantly had the dreaded white flashes from the LED and it cratered everything I put it on. The s800s had a lot of FODs(flip of death), which also occurred with my X8 I had it on. On the other hand though, I flew the hell out of an s800 for a friend on a shoot in Arizona in some fairly gusty conditions and aside from a few white flashes it did fine. On that S800 the WKM and all its components were newer than the one I had trouble with. Many have had success with them, but Im sticking to the NAZAs since I have had nothing but good experiences with them.
The one you have has some newer components, like the MC was replaced and the PM as well. By the time I got it back from DJI, I was over it and already had NAZAs on all my ships. It should be safe to fly as the problems with the FODs seemed to be with the 2011 model MCs. I know they came out with a V2 GPS, but every time I failsafed that one it worked fine. (P.S. if you are in the southern hemisphere that GPS wont work, but I think you know that.)
Last edited by isaacintheclouds; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:48 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
926 Posts
cheers for the cofirmation. flew it today and all is good. seems with a v3 GPS and with some "mods " to the s800 frame it performs as expected.
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:40 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Maybe the reason why the naza flies so well with out any random FOD and other mishaps that the wkm had in the past is because it has less features,
less processing for CPU less coding, compare to the wkm CPU that has to work overtime for the added feature code processing.

Would be nice if DJI could state a price for the gopro gimbal, even a close between price.
example between

$300 to $500
or $500 to $700
or $700 to $900
or $900 to $1200
or $1200 to $1400
or $1400 to $1600
or $1600 to $1800
or $1800 to $2000
or $2000 to $2200
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:30 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Would be nice if DJI could state a price for the gopro gimbal, even a close between price.
it depends on whether they want to dominate the market or simply become greedy. They may want to introduce a high price for a few months then lower it to get more market share. My estimate is about 2-4 times of the manufacturing cost.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:08 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Well, from my experience, they werent handling any wind very well. I constantly had the dreaded white flashes from the LED and it cratered everything I put it on.
Flew the day before yesterday in about -4°C and strong winds, Wookong hovered perfectly in GPS mode while snowflakes blew past horizontally. A friend filmed it with his iPhone but don't have the video yet . No wobbling or anything, just parked there and never moved more than 1m in either direction, rather about 30cm.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch