SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:28 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,663 Posts
Dear All

If you are located in Asia, Windrider can ship you the DJI promotion items quickly!
1. Save US$468 to buy DIJ H3-2D + Naza V2 with GPS.
2. Save US$508 to buy DIJ H3-2D + Naza V2 with GPS + Flame Wheel 450 ARF kit + skid.
3. Save US$522 to buy DIJ H3-2D + Naza V2 with GPS + Flame Wheel 550 ARF kit + skid.
4. Save US$125 to buy DJI OSD Mini + 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink Ground Station(iPAD GS + 16 waypoints) + Canhub.
5. Save US$253 to buy DJI OSD Mini +2.4G Bluetooth Datalink Ground Station + Naza V2(GPS).
Order today we ship tomorrow!
All above item we have in stock!
Order amount over US$750 get Hyperion SENTRY for free!
Order amount over US$1,500 get SENTRY and Ele-Bee2 for free!

Feel the difference to fly DJI!

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2013, 02:24 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Was testing our new Spyder style folding frame when my TX battery ran dead and it went down hill from there LOL well almost down a cliff.

Only damage was 2 motor mounts

Phoenix Flight Gear Spyder Drone Quad Accident / Crash Onboard Footage DJI H3-2D Zenmuse Gimbal (1 min 54 sec)
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2013, 02:42 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2013
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Was testing our new Spyder style folding frame when my TX battery ran dead and it went down hill from there LOL well almost down a cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBoVUurYGk
I too like to move outdoor furniture around the deck of my forest lair.
simplepanda is offline Find More Posts by simplepanda
Old Sep 23, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Jun 2013
26 Posts
I am having an issue with my F450 and my Zenmuse H3-2D. Sometimes when I turn the Zenmuse falls to the side. Sometimes it self rights and at others I have to power down and power up again. Also when I take off it vibrates really badly. I have mounted it at the front as per DJI's instructions, but it seems to be effected badly by the downdraft. I am using 8" props and a 5000MAh 4C battery. Is it just a case of flying much much slower? Any ideas?
Zenmuse Test 1 (1 min 11 sec)
mshakeshaft is offline Find More Posts by mshakeshaft
Old Sep 23, 2013, 06:46 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakeshaft View Post
I am having an issue with my F450 and my Zenmuse H3-2D. Sometimes when I turn the Zenmuse falls to the side. Sometimes it self rights and at others I have to power down and power up again. Also when I take off it vibrates really badly. I have mounted it at the front as per DJI's instructions, but it seems to be effected badly by the downdraft. I am using 8" props and a 5000MAh 4C battery. Is it just a case of flying much much slower? Any ideas?
https://vimeo.com/75157099
that is the sensitive hibernation mode kicking in...it's thinking that you don't intend that amount of lateral stress and turns off the motors to protect itself. It will kick in for instance when you do the compass dance, or when messing with the GoPro buttons. I have noticed it in similar rotational moves when circling something, nose pointed in or out. There's been some discussion about this for people who fpv out of the GoPro (scary when this happens). I was hoping a later firmware fix would lessen this sensitivity...under normal flying conditions I never engage it, but it would be nice to not worry about it while circling tight and fast.
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakeshaft View Post
https://vimeo.com/75157099
This is one reason that several guys are powering the Zen separately with a Y cable or using a switch for start up. Make sure that your props and motors are well balanced. I am flying a F450 with the DJI 10x3.8 props and 4000mAh 4S lipos and I am not seeing this behavior. Mine is all stock DJI.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:37 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,240 Posts
Here's Another Boring Video

Yes, I'm using a Zenmuse & GoPro Black, medium 30fps.

Another Boring Video (2 min 25 sec)
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:09 AM
7 P's
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Sep 2013
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepanda View Post
I too like to move outdoor furniture around the deck of my forest lair.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah aha
zuma is offline Find More Posts by zuma
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:46 AM
Czech Republic, Karlovy Vary Region
Joined May 2013
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfworks View Post
Ok, so I spent... 'er wasted... a few hours on this the other day.

I tried everything that I could do to get the iOSD mini to work on the new board. And nothing worked. I didn't have a PMU v2 on hand (because I upgraded to the new board and installed the gimbal right when I got the Phantom a couple weeks ago.

Naza -> iOSD mini (plugged into "EXP" port, using a spliced can-bus cable) = fail

Naza -> iOSD mini (plugged into "LED" port, using a spliced can-bus cable) = fail

iOSD mini plugged into GPS port on new main board (using a spliced can-bus cable) = fail

CAN hub plugged into "EXP" port on Naza -> iOSD mini and also back to the main board = fail

So, the only other hope at this point is that the PMU v2 has some magic in it that will let it work. Which I don't have much hope. With the iOSD mini plugged in anyway that I tried, it seemed to kill the CAN-bus, as the gimbal would go into sleep mode and the Naza assistant showed that the GPS wasn't connected. Unplug it and they would all come back to life.

The led on the iOSD mini would stay solid the whole time, and would never blink which it sounds like it should which would show that it's receiving data. The symbols would show up on the video screen, but had no info on it (no # of satellites, voltage, ect).

Well, now I might try the PMU. But I'm pretty much out of room under the hood as I installed an AR8000 and TM1000 in there.

Whew
Any progress? Also, I needed it necessarily offer solutions ...

Today I received this comments from the DJI Europe:

So finally I have some DJI comments (through the DJI GmbH -support.europe@dji.com) regarding the connection DJI iOSD (or BTU or Datalink) to DJ Phantom with a new motherboard upgrade:

"...Unfortunately there are not enough ports on the MC board of the PHANTOM to connect and iOSD, they are thinking about developing a combo board for that.
Currently there is no chance, sorry !!...
"

"...BTU and Datalink are clearly both devices NOT designated for DJI Phantom. The PHANTOM is a ready to fly system and the onliest official modification is the Upgrade Connection Kit for the Zenmuse...."

If you have a separate PMU V2 unit, is there any way to connect it to the new board?
gardenroute is offline Find More Posts by gardenroute
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Go Africa 2013 Expedition
Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBoVUurYGk
I think by the looks of that piece of real estate you should have no trouble replacing that battery or a couple of more frames too boot Some guys got all the luck.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Sep 24, 2013, 08:54 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenroute View Post
Any progress? Also, I needed it necessarily offer solutions ...

Today I received this comments from the DJI Europe:

So finally I have some DJI comments (through the DJI GmbH -support.europe@dji.com) regarding the connection DJI iOSD (or BTU or Datalink) to DJ Phantom with a new motherboard upgrade:

"...Unfortunately there are not enough ports on the MC board of the PHANTOM to connect and iOSD, they are thinking about developing a combo board for that.
Currently there is no chance, sorry !!...
"

"...BTU and Datalink are clearly both devices NOT designated for DJI Phantom. The PHANTOM is a ready to fly system and the onliest official modification is the Upgrade Connection Kit for the Zenmuse...."

If you have a separate PMU V2 unit, is there any way to connect it to the new board?
Bottom line if you want to use all of these devices; H3-2D, iOSD, BTU,together you need a can bus hub and a Naza V2 mounted on an appropriate frame. Mine is mounted on a F450 but a F550 would be equally suitable.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:42 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Aug 2013
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Bottom line if you want to use all of these devices; H3-2D, iOSD, BTU,together you need a can bus hub and a Naza V2 mounted on an appropriate frame. Mine is mounted on a F450 but a F550 would be equally suitable.
I think they'll eventually release another replacement main board as the current doesn't allow to update the GCU firmware.

If they do so, releasing it with a pair a CAN bus ports makes them allow to sell a lot of iOSDs and BTUs to the Phantom community... seems a winner for me... but will see how DJI moves ahead.
yeray is offline Find More Posts by yeray
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:29 PM
Joined Jul 2013
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeray View Post
I think they'll eventually release another replacement main board as the current doesn't allow to update the GCU firmware.
It *appears* that in the latest version of NAZA Assistant (2.18) you can now update the GCU firmware, although I say "appears" since there is currently no more recent version than the 1.0.0.9 it ships with. (The embedded GCU on the board does not use the same firmware as the GCU module that comes with the Zenmuse.) Not being able to upgrade it appeared to be a limitation of the 2.16 Assistant, versus any limitation of the upgrade board itself.

I've heard rumblings about a possible Y-connector that would give you a CAN BUS port or two (I assume either off the EXP or LED ports on the NAZA or perhaps the GPS port on the main board). That would be preferable to having to put *another* upgrade board in my Phantom for sure.
MrMediaGuy is offline Find More Posts by MrMediaGuy
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Jul 2013
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenroute View Post
Yes, but it's important to understand that the PMU V2 "is" a main board in its own right. By definition if you install the PMU V2, whether on the new upgrade board or the original main board, you are taking the board out of the loop. The only thing the main board does at that point is serve as a place to solder your ESCs and distribute power. The NAZA and GPS connect to the PMU; the board does nothing.

Since the upgrade board has the GCU embedded, and the PMU V2 by definition doesn't connect to the main board, the PMU can't "talk" to the GCU on the board. So you would then have to install the separate GCU from the Zenmuse kit anyway -- meaning you spent $69 on a board upgrade for no reason.

Kind of frustrating, I would say.
MrMediaGuy is offline Find More Posts by MrMediaGuy
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:43 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I think by the looks of that piece of real estate you should have no trouble replacing that battery or a couple of more frames too boot Some guys got all the luck.

LOL that's my parents home.
Mine is in most of my videos and it is less than a 1/4 size of the home in that video.

I was trying to get some aerial shots of the small addition.
They added an elevator cus my mom is almost 70 and the house is 3 floors and has a lot of stairs.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor