SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:56 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,543 Posts
I haven't noticed it. But rarely do I use video from my descents and only occasionally with ascents.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:49 PM
Joined Jun 2008
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi View Post
new video. check it out made with phantom, zenmuse, upgrade board, uhf system and a 5.8 ghz video system tx 600mw immersion and rx 5.8 ghz uno with 13db immersion patch antenna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmIk_cqmXpU
Cruise ship stuff was sweet. Nice
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Jul 2013
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi View Post
Can u post a picture of where you installed it please. Thanks.
Aw, I'm sorry -- I didn't take any pics when I had the shell open. Probably should have. I'll have it open again this weekend and will try to remember to take a photo, but in the meantime...

If you have the top shell off and the LED module (rear) facing away from you and the battery door (front) toward you, you'll note that you have small spaces between the main board and the ESCs on all four arms. I used 3M foam tape to put the GPS module on the inside top shell of the right rear arm, just inboard of the ESC.

I put the current sensor in the space between the ESC and main board on the left rear arm, soldering the output side directly to the main board. (Orient the current sensor so the output side is to the rear, meaning the wires to the main board exit rearward and loop back around to the board.) Then the battery wire is long enough to go from the battery compartment up through the exit slot on the left edge of the main board and over to the near end of the current sensor.

Finally, the main OSD module is just to the left of the NAZA. (I have the upgrade board so there is more space on the left side.)

Good luck!
MrMediaGuy is offline Find More Posts by MrMediaGuy
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:32 AM
Joined Jul 2013
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfworks View Post
Great! Thanks for the idea. I've been tempted to run an non-DJI osd, but haven't. So... I just ordered one of those that you have. It's nice that the DJI iOSD shows you the flight mode (though is that important because I rarely change it and can feel what position my switch is in?) and satellites.But I'm excited about the Skylark one because I also ordered their auto antenna tracker!
Awesome -- hope you like it as much as I do. The two things you give up from the DJI iOSD are flight mode feedback, number of satellites the NAZA sees (as you mentioned) and the pitch/roll indicators which it gets from the NAZA. But if you don't have your FPV cam on a gimbal, you can *see* pitch and roll pretty easily. (It is helpful if you have a gimbal, though, since the gimbal masks the quad's true orientation.)

I will say the documentation is absolutely abysmal, but fortunately it's pretty intuitive to hook up. Elsewhere on this thread I mention where I placed the modules inside, if you're interested, although I'm sure there are multiple ways. Oh, and in order to use the configuration software, I hope you have a Windows XP machine lying around. I could *not* get the USB drivers to work on Win7 at all. Finally dug out an old XP laptop and had success. I have read that the drivers have worked on Win7 for some people (definitely not on 64-bit versions though), so YMMV.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joined Aug 2013
137 Posts
A question for all the naza/zenmuse believers out there!
Hi guys,

I am a Naza Lite user and have been 100% satisfied for sometime. However, as I dive deeper into FPV and want to do some aerial photography I run into some limitations.

I have been researching gimbals and the Naza M V2 for some time ow. The arris and tarot seem to be plagued with QC issues, leaving me with the H3 2D. Do I need the Naza M v2 to use it?

Are there any issues reported with the Naza M V2? Im thinking of getting this combo, it isnt the cheapest but from what I have been reading its a great option for plug and play as well as being able to get the iOSD after or BTU ( and now waypoints with Ver. 4.00!)

I am reluctant to spending the bucks on the zenmuse and Naza v2 but they seem a good fit moving forward in my quad experience (F450).

I would just hate to spend the bucks and have issues arise as I am basically putting all my eggs in the DJI basket....

Thoughts? Thanks
nesal is offline Find More Posts by nesal
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:11 AM
Joined Aug 2013
137 Posts
Also, am I ok running 3S for this setup?as i do now...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Jul 2013
82 Posts
@Nesal -- Assume you've seen the promotion running with DJI dealers right now that gets you a Zenmuse H3-2D with basically a free NAZA M-V2 thrown in. For someone with an F450 frame already this would seem like a no-brainer.

As for "issues," well, there are issues with almost all these platforms; it's bleeding-edge technology in some cases and as you know from having a quad already, not all factors are within your control. It's not like an Arducopter never crashed, either.

Bottom line is DJI have a ton of experience and the NAZA M V2 is a darned good controller overall -- and the Zenmuse is simply the best gimbal of its size available. Will there be bumps along the way? Probably. But work with a good dealer and they'll take care of you if something goes wrong. I don't think you'll regret it.

And yes, you're fine at 3S -- although if I had a F450 frame I would probably consider carrying two packs. Law of diminishing returns as you add weight, of course, but you might get a couple more minutes flight time. What motors are you using?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Aug 2013
137 Posts
Thank you very much for the answer! I am running the stock motors! I have a parallel connector and will definitely be setting up multiple batteries...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:49 PM
United States, MD, Prince Frederick
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
Hero 3 Lockups

Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
I tried it and had problems.
Several of us think it was just a defective camera.
The H3-2D is "supposed" to work with the Silver.
I took the Silver back to BestBuy and traded up to the Black.
No problems now.
Since I did not get a second Silver, I can't say much more.
Maybe someone else has tried it.

FWIW, the camera would run fine off the H3-2D at any setting.
On the H3-2D, 960p 30fps Wfov was the highest setting I could run without the camera freezing up.
I prefer to use Nfov and am using 1080p 60fps with the Black.

With the GP2 I used 1080p Nfov 30fps
I came here looking how to set endpoints in the NAZA assist software and found your entry. It's off topic but this is a rare find.

I have been looking for a solution to this. I have a Hero 3 Black and it locks up at 1080p 60fps as soon as the gimbal is energized. The camera works great detached from the gimbal. Oddly, I can record at 2.7K 30fps but not Protune.

I have replaced the SD card with GoPro recommended SD card and still does the same thing. B&H wants the gimbal back but I don't want to do that. I am getting almost 9min of flight time (I don't get it and I'm not questioning it either) so my system is tight w/ the exception of the 1080p.

Sounds to me it's the camera and I am willing to return that.

Thanks again for your post

Roger
Rogerdsl is offline Find More Posts by Rogerdsl
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:03 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
926 Posts
I just updated my gopro BLACK to the latest FW.

now it does not work on my gimbal.

strangely the older FW I have on a different gopro works fine.

anyone else having issues after updateing gopro FW?
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:21 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
I just updated my gopro BLACK to the latest FW.

now it does not work on my gimbal.

strangely the older FW I have on a different gopro works fine.

anyone else having issues after updateing gopro FW?
Updated mine and it works fine. I would try and reload the firmware. Mine would not do the automatic mode, I had to do it manually.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Updated mine and it works fine. I would try and reload the firmware. Mine would not do the automatic mode, I had to do it manually.
+1 I had to do it manually as well
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Joined Jun 2008
668 Posts
Can someone explain the 4.0 Naza update and the waypoint feature ? What will it actually enable us to do?
tamiyafan1975 is offline Find More Posts by tamiyafan1975
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:16 AM
Czech Republic, Karlovy Vary Region
Joined May 2013
393 Posts
NAZA fw 4.0 - Waypoint function - iPAD GROUND STATION

Waypoint function requires the installation of "iPAD GROUND STATION", below are the videos with perfect presentation:

DJI iPad Ground Station Outdoor Flight (10 min 53 sec)

DJI iPad Ground Station Beyond Visual Range(BVR) Flight (6 min 30 sec)
gardenroute is online now Find More Posts by gardenroute
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Go Africa 2013 Expedition
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:32 AM
Mad ExperiMentalist
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Dec 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesal View Post
A question for all the naza/zenmuse believers out there!
Hi guys,

I am a Naza Lite user and have been 100% satisfied for sometime. However, as I dive deeper into FPV and want to do some aerial photography I run into some limitations.

I have been researching gimbals and the Naza M V2 for some time ow. The arris and tarot seem to be plagued with QC issues, leaving me with the H3 2D. Do I need the Naza M v2 to use it?

Are there any issues reported with the Naza M V2? Im thinking of getting this combo, it isnt the cheapest but from what I have been reading its a great option for plug and play as well as being able to get the iOSD after or BTU ( and now waypoints with Ver. 4.00!)

I am reluctant to spending the bucks on the zenmuse and Naza v2 but they seem a good fit moving forward in my quad experience (F450).

I would just hate to spend the bucks and have issues arise as I am basically putting all my eggs in the DJI basket....

Thoughts? Thanks
Empire Hobby has a Great Deal right now for both! "Save $428.00..."

http://www.empirerc.com/dji-naza-v2-...bo-p-7698.html
mikerxer is online now Find More Posts by mikerxer
Last edited by mikerxer; Sep 13, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Corrected Wording