HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2008
144 Posts
Well,
as for as i am concerned, the DJI gimbal will not be effected by all the other bl projects. They will sell because you can buy them in your normal dji outlet and they will work without breaking your head and customers will be supported.
there are many customers which intend to use the gimbal professionally and rather buy a "Brand"......

of course there is a huge market for bl gimbals for the lower priceregion, we are also working on solutions.
BUT are these things available?
many of our customer do not even think of buying in china, they need support...therefore the price does not count...
BUT goprozenmuse for USD 500 would be a killer :-)
MAMOARMIN is offline Find More Posts by MAMOARMIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMOARMIN View Post
Well,
as for as i am concerned, the DJI gimbal will not be effected by all the other bl projects. They will sell because you can buy them in your normal dji outlet and they will work without breaking your head and customers will be supported.
there are many customers which intend to use the gimbal professionally and rather buy a "Brand"......

of course there is a huge market for bl gimbals for the lower priceregion, we are also working on solutions.
BUT are these things available?
many of our customer do not even think of buying in china, they need support...therefore the price does not count...
BUT goprozenmuse for USD 500 would be a killer :-)
Viacopter will release a quality plug and play version in 2-3 weeks. You just mount it and connect the power wires. It doesn't get easier than that.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,633 Posts
Is the DJI GoPro Gimbal for sale yet?
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
FlyinLow
South Bend
Joined Sep 2006
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Is the DJI GoPro Gimbal for sale yet?
Nope, has not been released yet.
Todiolo is offline Find More Posts by Todiolo
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
I think by the time NAB roles around pricing and availability will be known.

If its $200-500 more than some other BL gimbal people will be lined up to buy the DJI one.

There is NOTHING on the market that even comes close to the performance of the Z15 line. For a few hundred dollars more people will pay that knowing they are going to get the same level of performance as the proven Z15. To get the level of performance and footage is worth it to most. To miss a shot or have to redo a shot because of sub par performance etc. does not save you money.

Its obvious its not as easy to make a comparable Z15 gimbal or else it would already be on the market. The algorithms I know for fact is very complicated to get the performance of Zenmuse. Photohigher is still working on theirs and a year ago they showed us unbelievable test footage of the RSGS. To this day I still have not seen footage like it from the RSGS. (I know Kimberly very well at PH) . I remember the owner of DJI (China) telling me at NAB last year that its much more complicated then people think to make work.

Don't get me wrong, the new BL gimbals do have a place in the market and as they improve so will the performance. We will carry them for the hobby and non-Pro (money no object) customers also.

That is my 2 cents.

As soon as the GP Zenmuse is given the green light, we will share all the good stuff.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:33 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,936 Posts
Thanks for the info Robert. Are you going to NAB again this year? Need a date???? I'm available. Just kidding, about the date, but I am available if you have an extra ticket for one day.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Thanks for the info Robert. Are you going to NAB again this year? Need a date???? I'm available. Just kidding, about the date, but I am available if you have an extra ticket for one day.
Tahoe,

If you check out DJI's Facebook they are giving out free passes....not sure what all it gets you into though, I am not familiar with NAB.
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:04 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Its obvious its not as easy to make a comparable Z15 gimbal or else it would already be on the market. The algorithms I know for fact is very complicated to get the performance of Zenmuse. Photohigher is still working on theirs and a year ago they showed us unbelievable test footage of the RSGS. To this day I still have not seen footage like it from the RSGS.
Forget RSGS.. But did you on purpose chose to ignore all the videos of DIY and other brand BL gimbals behaving at Z-15 levels? The YUN-I videos for example are looking very good, and that's a complete plug-and-play system selling for $449. The one video I have seen so far from a DJI prototype did not impress in comparison..
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
I think by the time NAB roles around pricing and availability will be known.

If its $200-500 more than some other BL gimbal people will be lined up to buy the DJI one.

There is NOTHING on the market that even comes close to the performance of the Z15 line. For a few hundred dollars more people will pay that knowing they are going to get the same level of performance as the proven Z15. To get the level of performance and footage is worth it to most. To miss a shot or have to redo a shot because of sub par performance etc. does not save you money.

Don't get me wrong, the new BL gimbals do have a place in the market and as they improve so will the performance. We will carry them for the hobby and non-Pro (money no object) customers also.

That is my 2 cents.

As soon as the GP Zenmuse is given the green light, we will share all the good stuff.
The Alexmos board has JUST been released.

The better complete gimbals are coming now in 2-3 weeks time and their video is just as good (if not better) than the GoProZ15 IMHO. It is also more flexible solution. The Viacopter one will come with a GoPro 1/2/3 compatible mount and later a universal mount for cameras under 1000g.

The YUN-1 gimbal was just a rushed gimbal, so they could be the first ones out to the market. The GOOD gimbals are right around the corner, and even the YUN-1 has ROCK solid video (even with aggressive flying).

I don't see any disadvantage to having this vs a 2 axis DJI GoProZ15 unit, pro or amateur. It's completely PnP.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Last edited by beamen; Mar 19, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:27 PM
FlyinLow
South Bend
Joined Sep 2006
165 Posts
Sounds like they are all coming soon..... I'm hoping for a good quality 2 axis GoPro gimbal for $300-$500.
Todiolo is offline Find More Posts by Todiolo
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:00 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Forget RSGS.. But did you on purpose chose to ignore all the videos of DIY and other brand BL gimbals behaving at Z-15 levels? The YUN-I videos for example are looking very good, and that's a complete plug-and-play system selling for $449. The one video I have seen so far from a DJI prototype did not impress in comparison..
No, I even mentioned that the DIY BL Gimbals have a place in the market. I'm excited for those, they will be a big hit and gimbals with servos in a year from now will be "old school".

I just have a lot of faith in the DJI Zenmuse technology. It has a proven record.

I only brought up RSGS because its not as easy to make a BL gimbal and that many have showed great videos (pre-production) then never made it to full production.

The more the better.
A few hundred dollars difference is not a big deal to most if it performs like it should. That can be made up in 1 day of shooting.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:26 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
No, I even mentioned that the DIY BL Gimbals have a place in the market. I'm excited for those, they will be a big hit and gimbals with servos in a year from now will be "old school".

I just have a lot of faith in the DJI Zenmuse technology. It has a proven record.

I only brought up RSGS because its not as easy to make a BL gimbal and that many have showed great videos (pre-production) then never made it to full production.

The more the better.
A few hundred dollars difference is not a big deal to most if it performs like it should. That can be made up in 1 day of shooting.
Your message is clear enough. DJI zenmuse for gopro will hit <$1000 mark. Possibly $500-800? $500 would be a somewhat "reasonable" price point because the gimbal would only work with the DJI FC system.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Flight View Post
Tahoe,

If you check out DJI's Facebook they are giving out free passes....not sure what all it gets you into though, I am not familiar with NAB.
Thanks for the tip. I actually got one from another vendor. It is exhibits only but that is all I want anyway.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Btw. as lao pointed out. The new bar is now $360.
System comes complete with gimbal, vibration dampening and electrionics (IMU) so that it will work with any autopilot.

http://www.bevrc.com/mastorg-brushle...opro_p554.html
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Btw. as lao pointed out. The new bar is now $360.
System comes complete with gimbal, vibration dampening and electrionics (IMU) so that it will for with any autopilot.

http://www.bevrc.com/mastorg-brushle...opro_p554.html
Lot of unknowns on this gimbal so far. FPVModel claims its a stolen design and they are not an authorized AlexMos reseller. Seems they might be using hacked firmware on the AlexMos designed board.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor