HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
Yes, sorry for not making that clear. The PMU comes with the Naza M v2. The only part I am not using is the GPS antenna.
Thank you for answering that question.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:03 PM
Just got sucked into it all!!
United States, MO, St. Peters
Joined Jan 2013
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
I was hoping to get mines flying before my baby comes out, but she beat me to it I'm currently all tied up at the moment, but hopefully I'll find some time in between when I get home.
Congrats on your new baby girl! You have 10 years to buy a shotgun and cleaning kit to impress (intimidate) the boys.
Quad Head is offline Find More Posts by Quad Head
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:18 PM
Pointy end up.
Canada, ON, Tobermory
Joined Feb 2013
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody2015 View Post
Sounds like a nice setup.

I would be curious to know if ups charges you a brockerage fee on that shapeways part.

Is that fatshark goggles or lcd...or are u able to do both?
I'll update on brokerage/customs cost from UPS from shapeways as soon as I get it. The fatsharks (dominator v2) googles are what I'm solely using right now but I would like a screen which can get the feed from the googles/receiver. I'm guessing your in Canada too?
jamesdrone is offline Find More Posts by jamesdrone
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:43 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
583 Posts
As most of you Phantom flyers are aware, there is a small potentiometer on the backside that will operate the tilt of the gimbal. I heard from a friend that he believes he read that the SECOND pot below the tilt control is for roll correction. Has anybody read this or confirmed it?
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:47 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
the SECOND pot below the tilt control is for roll correction. Has anybody read this or confirmed it?
Currently, there is no way for user controlled roll axis. Not to say that wont change in time, perhaps.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:57 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo View Post

I like the DJI transmitter/receiver combo it runs about $210.
Yes, it looks like a solid combo. Is any one running this product with the Phantom and its Rx?
kosem is online now Find More Posts by kosem
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:13 AM
Joined Sep 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Beamen

You do not understand Cinematography or why the brushless Gimbal was ever developed Your asking a Cadillac Fleetwood to run through a slalom course

If you want to see what your asking for I will post that on my Phantom since you complain you cannot get good video from your Alexmos gimbal on your Phantom. I will as soon as you do so first using your Phantom and Alexmos gimbal. Feel free to use your new GP3BE.
LOL. Really? This is true if you are filming stationary objects.

Try filming a boat or a car around a track. Hovering above x point is going to give you crap video. You want to follow the boat around, same with the car. You will need to fly aggressively to frame the shot. There are LOTS of scenarios where you can to fly to the limit of the quad if you want to get quality shots.

Try filming a car around a big, wide, curve that goes to a long strait away. The drone can fly on the inside of the turn. Full right to follow it around the turn and full back when it starts accelerating on the strait away.

I have already posted my video for you to see Since the DJI frame (Phantom) is so bad, it looks like I need to install the "wrong" rubber vibration isolators (the balls). I ordered a vibration dampener plate with 6 rubber ball isolators and I will show you that the vibes don't come from the gimbal, but from the frame. I will post a new video once I get them
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Last edited by beamen; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2013
214 Posts
Well guys I got My H3-2D working looks like it was well worth the $$$
IMG_5559 (0 min 32 sec)
photoboi is offline Find More Posts by photoboi
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:34 AM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Since the DJI frame (Phantom) is so bad, it looks like I need to install the "wrong" rubber vibration isolators (the balls). I ordered a vibration dampener plate with 6 rubber ball isolators and I will show you that the vibes don't come from the gimbal, but from the frame. I will post a new video once I get them
That's funny yet another excuse and attempt to get your Alexmos Gimbal to produce smooth video which you can't seem to do despite months of adjusting and parts. The H3-2D owners that have them mounted on Phantoms don't appear to have the issues you do

We will be looking for it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953989
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Last edited by HGT; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:44 AM
Joined Sep 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
Waiting for your video
Like I said. I have to use the rubber balls. I ordered them last night as nothing else can sort out the bad DJI frame. Only so much you can do. Then you have to use less than ideal vibration dampening. But it's the only thing that works. I will have the video the same day I get the rubber ball isolation plate Ordered it from China yesterday.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:51 AM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
I will have the video the same day I get the rubber ball isolation plate Ordered it from China yesterday.
This is what you said about the last 5 items you have tried
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Last edited by HGT; Jul 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:54 AM
Joined Sep 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
This is what you said about the last 5 items you have tried.
They got better each time. I posted my last video, where you can see the difference in vibration from stock to T-motors:
DJI Phantom Stock vs T motor (4 min 39 sec)

I didn't want to go the rubber ball isolation mount as it's not a good way to secure the camera/gimbal to the quadcopter. It's the last thing I wanted to do as the balls aren't designed for suspension use, but since the frame is so bad/flimsy, it's the only thing that will get rid of vibration, caused only (now that I changed out everything else) by the frame.

Like I said, remove the balls from your DJI gimbal, and the whole video will have jello and/or lots of vibrations.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 05:20 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
379 Posts
Beamen what rubber ball mount did you purchase from china? Do you have a link please
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:06 AM
Joined Sep 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Beamen what rubber ball mount did you purchase from china? Do you have a link please
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281133348040...84.m1497.l2649
Old Jul 11, 2013, 07:01 AM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
861 Posts
Alright, so as I mentioned before my biggest fear with the Zenmuse is crashing ruining the Zenmuse and the GoPro. Then I'd be out almost $1,000!! That would just really make me upset if it was to happen. I am sure it would make many of you upset also.
I am so picky I don't even want small scratches on mine or my GoPro lens.

So, I think I have solved the problem

This is made out of 100% real leather and uses a small polarizer filter I cut which can be removed easily and attaches with velcro. The main cover weighs 15.5g and with the polarizer lens cover it weighs 23.5g all total 0.05 pounds. It covers the front and back also. You don't need to use the GoPro holder attachment as this will hold the cam on without it.

I haven't had time to fly and test it yet, but tried it a bit in my house and seems to work. I'll fly tomorrow morning and put it through some test and see how it performs.
Bravia3D is offline Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Last edited by Bravia3D; May 02, 2014 at 08:46 AM.