HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2013, 11:39 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Sepang
Joined Apr 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Ok, since you asked, here's the very first test flight of a Tarot attached to my Mikrokopter FPV quad, completely out of the box setup on the mounting and none of the settings on the controller board have been touched. This is as-delivered and as you can see I'm not being gentle on the sticks, I'm intentionally trying to make it F up. Sorry I don't have a H32D to test/compare with and I have no intention of buying one, the 3 GoPro brushless gimbals I currently have all work this well and total cost of all three is less than one H32D. If the LHS gets some H3s in stock I'll be able to borrow their demo unit for comparison but that's IF they get any and unknown when if they do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRi_tdowk64

No it doesn't have all the fancy features of the DJI but for $150 ready to fly I can live without the extras
Thats awesome footage!! Good way to test a gimbal... I have not seen h32d beta tester fly that hard... Hope we will have few to compare...
joecarnine is offline Find More Posts by joecarnine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2013, 11:56 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,811 Posts
I've put the comparison video on Youtube now at 1080p resolution.

DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Comparison - CarbonCore Hexacopter (4 min 41 sec)
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2013, 12:08 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2000
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
I've put the comparison video on Youtube now at 1080p resolution.

http://youtu.be/JLv9P_BWweQ
Great video, your neighbors must love you . I have to say the Zenmuse looks smooth as silk..
JDPG2 is offline Find More Posts by JDPG2
Old Jul 09, 2013, 12:15 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
This was their first video.

http://youtu.be/fjC37FtQMmE
I've seen that.

DJ's video takes a different approach IMO.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jul 09, 2013, 12:36 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarnine View Post
Thats awesome footage!! Good way to test a gimbal... I have not seen h32d beta tester fly that hard... Hope we will have few to compare...
I look at it this way, the GoPro is an "action" camera meant to capture fast paced video. That often means you need to be able to keep up with the subject being recorded if you're not the one wearing the GoPro and capturing the action. To do that with a multirotor means that the gimbal MUST be able to withstand that style of flying without error, otherwise why bother?

If a gimbal can stand up to that kind of flight then it should by extension work perfectly fine at slower speeds. Try properly capturing video of say a motocross or cross country off road race by flying slow and steady, you'll soon be left in the dust, literally!
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Last edited by RTRyder; Jul 09, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:09 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2000
483 Posts
Talk about luck... I was number 36 on a pre order list for the Zenmuse Gimbal from another store, so I was at least 2 weeks away from getting one.

I was searching for some other stuff from one of my primary RC vendors site and they had ONE left in stock so I ordered that, it will be here tomorrow. Just called the first vendor and they canceled my pre order.. talk about instant gratification!!
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:11 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Here's an unboxing I made. First impression is its very nice!

http://youtu.be/b_J1Sb9DZ3Y
Tony,
Nice video, but you stated that the gimbal supports the White version of the Hero 3 camera. The directions specifically omit the White version as being supported by this gimbal. Just wonder if that was a mistake, or you have some inside information?

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:35 PM
Joined Feb 2013
26 Posts
Getting worried - is UAVProducts trustworthy?

I'm hoping those who have experience with this vendor can put my mind at ease. I pre-ordered my H3-2D from UAVProducts way back on April 13th with a $50 deposit. Heard from them on June 18th that they were expecting to ship my gimbal on June 24th, and that I had to submit the balance of my payment with 48 hours or I'd lose my spot in line. I submitted the payment that day via PayPal... one small red flag that came up at that point was that the PayPal account was in an individual's name, not the company name... but I figured a lot of these vendors are probably small companies, so maybe that was ok. The 24th came and went with no shipping notice, so I emailed the vendor. They said DJI was holding up the shipment because of some firmware upgrade they wanted to apply before release. I wrote back and asked when the new ship date would be, and they didn't reply. I wrote back again last Friday to ask for an update, and once again, have not received a reply. Today I tried calling the phone number on UAVProduct's website, and got a recording saying the voice mailbox is full.

I'm both frustrated and nervous. UAVProducts has had the full amount of my purchase for three weeks now, but I can't get any response from them on the status of my order. Meanwhile, other vendors have had stock on this item come and go even for people who never pre-ordered. I would have just ordered from one of those other vendors, but I have no confidence I would be able to get my money back from UAVProducts (I asked about this in my recent email, but again, no reply).

I'm somewhat new to multicopters and RC in general, so I really don't know the reputation of this company. Can any of the veterans around here vouch for their legitimacy? Or maybe the owner could post a blanket update for those who have ordered from them if he doesn't want to respond to individual emails or clear his voicemail?

Thanks all.

Jeff
platypus is offline Find More Posts by platypus
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:54 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
I'm hoping those who have experience with this vendor can put my mind at ease. I pre-ordered my H3-2D from UAVProducts way back on April 13th with a $50 deposit. Heard from them on June 18th that they were expecting to ship my gimbal on June 24th, and that I had to submit the balance of my payment with 48 hours or I'd lose my spot in line. I submitted the payment that day via PayPal... one small red flag that came up at that point was that the PayPal account was in an individual's name, not the company name... but I figured a lot of these vendors are probably small companies, so maybe that was ok. The 24th came and went with no shipping notice, so I emailed the vendor. They said DJI was holding up the shipment because of some firmware upgrade they wanted to apply before release. I wrote back and asked when the new ship date would be, and they didn't reply. I wrote back again last Friday to ask for an update, and once again, have not received a reply. Today I tried calling the phone number on UAVProduct's website, and got a recording saying the voice mailbox is full.

I'm both frustrated and nervous. UAVProducts has had the full amount of my purchase for three weeks now, but I can't get any response from them on the status of my order. Meanwhile, other vendors have had stock on this item come and go even for people who never pre-ordered. I would have just ordered from one of those other vendors, but I have no confidence I would be able to get my money back from UAVProducts (I asked about this in my recent email, but again, no reply).

I'm somewhat new to multicopters and RC in general, so I really don't know the reputation of this company. Can any of the veterans around here vouch for their legitimacy? Or maybe the owner could post a blanket update for those who have ordered from them if he doesn't want to respond to individual emails or clear his voicemail?

Thanks all.

Jeff
You don't have to worry. They have a good reputation and there was a small delay in shipping gimbals. I'm sure they are swamped and working hard to get out everybody's now that they finally have arrived.

In any event, I am sure you don't have to worry about your money and will only need a small amount of patience at the moment.

Ciao.
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
Happy Customer from DroneFly.com

I ordered my DJI Phantom, extra battery, and extra propellers from DroneFly.com and I am SUPER happy with my purchase and their service! They had excellent customer service, fast processing times, and helpful support!

I recommend them for all of your DJI Phantom needs! I will be purchasing the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal System and PMU from them in the near future also. Check their website for contests as well!

http://www.dronefly.com
SoccerPat11 is offline Find More Posts by SoccerPat11
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined May 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Films View Post
a bit of a bugger here in OZ as you simply cant get a PMUv2 for love or money... which means it looks like i have a gimbal and a v1 Naza and no ability to use it.

Looks like the PMU v2s are at least a month away

All the DJI suppliers are telling me the factory simply isnt selling them PMUv2s. - they have them ordered

all up this situation has me quite frustrated!!
DroneFly.com had 60+ PMUs in stock earlier... down to 32 now, but AVAILABLE.
They seem busy and new, but have responded same day to my inquiries about my H3 pre-order, shipping questions, etc. Some of their accessories are also well priced.

FYI for those in line, my May 23rd Zenmuse pre-order ships this week from DroneFly.

I also highly recommend the PhotoShipOne folks, but they're temporarily out of H3 etc for the next week or so I think.
FilmicFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FilmicFlyer
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Feb 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
You don't have to worry. They have a good reputation and there was a small delay in shipping gimbals. I'm sure they are swamped and working hard to get out everybody's now that they finally have arrived.

In any event, I am sure you don't have to worry about your money and will only need a small amount of patience at the moment.

Ciao.
Thanks for the reply. So do you have information indicating they now have enough gimbals in stock to fill all their pre-orders? There was a post a while back that said something about "several weeks" to go, which was a little disturbing...

I don't know why the owner doesn't just post regular updates. Everyone understands there can be glitches, but people get worried when there's no communication.

Thanks again.
Jeff
platypus is offline Find More Posts by platypus
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:27 PM
NJ
Joined Jan 2000
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
Thanks for the reply. So do you have information indicating they now have enough gimbals in stock to fill all their pre-orders? There was a post a while back that said something about "several weeks" to go, which was a little disturbing...

I don't know why the owner doesn't just post regular updates. Everyone understands there can be glitches, but people get worried when there's no communication.

Thanks again.
Jeff
my understanding is most vendors only received a max of 10 in this first shipment. The bulk of the pre orders are at least 10 days away from arriving to our (USA) shores.
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:30 PM
Joined May 2013
17 Posts
H3 Gimbal handle lens filter weight?

Has anyone flown the Zenmuse H3 with a lens filter on camera?

Want to add one of the new polarizer and/or ND filters designed for using the GoPro naked, both for the purpose of lens protection and image control.

I'm curious if the H3-2D gimbal would be functional with the extra weight attached to the GoPro lens.
FilmicFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FilmicFlyer
Old Jul 09, 2013, 02:31 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Tony,
Nice video, but you stated that the gimbal supports the White version of the Hero 3 camera. The directions specifically omit the White version as being supported by this gimbal. Just wonder if that was a mistake, or you have some inside information?

Ken
Oh I didnt see that. I don't see why the white wouldn't work unless the back connector has a different layout. If anything you may not get video out if you want to do FPV. Anyone have a gopro white to test?
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS