Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:58 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flykam View Post
I am waiting to see some fast flying shots to see how much it shakes around,
All the shots I have seen do far are slowly steady flying or in really calm conditions.
I am not sure what you are looking for. Really unusable video in unrealistic flying conditions?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:58 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Anyone know where to get these in varying densities like the H3-2D comes with?

Is DJI offering a replacement pack?

HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:12 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
7,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
Here's an A/B side by side comparison. Two cameras were used. One rigidly mounted to the copter and the other is output from the GoPro on the H3-2D.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/69913957
That was great! Thanks for posting it.

Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:15 PM
Joined May 2011
3,265 Posts
I got to hand to this Gimbal..After seeing that video comparison, it reall got my wheels turning. I'm really impressed and thats hard to do. Im thinking real hard to get the best and forget the rest...great video quality, no jello and he was banking that s800 pretty good and that picture never budged. Wow!! Again, nice job DJI!!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
I am guessing there will be a lot of this.... even from die-hard Alexmos Gimbal owners.
Lol well you guys didn't do a good job convincing me not to get one I love the gimbal because its so clean looking with no exposed wires like the other ones.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:17 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Anyone know where to get these in varying densities like the H3-2D comes with?

Is DJI offering a replacement pack?

We have them in two versions. Standard neoprene like the DJI units equivalent to about 30 durometer as well as silicone versions in a stiffer 60 durometer.

http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=212

http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=191
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:40 PM
Flying Noob...
Joined Oct 2008
95 Posts
So I haven't had a chance today to crack open my Phantom to do the internal install, but I wanted to test fit it on the bottom of the phantom to figure out how I was going to mount my VTX which was velcro'd to the belly.

But.... I can't even get that far and I'm baffled. I've gone over it ten times and even discussed it with another owner.

The gimbal to vibration plate are two perfectly flat surfaces.. but these screws won't allow that.

That won't allow two flat surfaces to mate...... Now, the screws in that photo match exactly the ones mentioned in this DroneFly install, M2 5x5. (first min)
How to Install the Dji Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal on your Phantom Part 3 of 3 (9 min 19 sec)

I'm really scratching my head... I don't understand...

One more photo screwed into the vibration plate to show they fit...

Thameth is offline Find More Posts by Thameth
Last edited by Thameth; Jul 09, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2013, 11:57 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2013
214 Posts
Well, I have decided Im keeping my Gimbal that I received today as I really don't think a few scratches will affect the gimbals performance or at least I hope it wont! Just too much shipping and waiting for them to ship another one. My PMU gets here Wed and then Ill hook it up and cross my fingers that it works like it should. If it has issues then I'll return it..... Just too much drama we need less Drama... : ) Ill keep you posted PS I got my first job request to use my F550 to shoot some Arial stuff so maybe I can make all this $$ I have spent in the last 4 weeks back...LOL
photoboi is offline Find More Posts by photoboi
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:00 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
7,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Wow!! What a difference, night and day...great stuff, should be used in a DJI commercial!
It could be used in a commercial, I know I am going to use it to help me sell my wife on it.

Thanks again Pototship One. If this works I owe you big time.

Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2013, 01:44 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thameth View Post
So I haven't had a chance today to crack open my Phantom to do the internal install, but I wanted to test fit it on the bottom of the phantom to figure out how I was going to mount my VTX which was velcro'd to the belly.

But.... I can't even get that far and I'm baffled. I've gone over it ten times and even discussed it with another owner.

The gimbal to vibration plate are two perfectly flat surfaces.. but these screws won't allow that.

That won't allow two flat surfaces to mate...... Now, the screws in that photo match exactly the ones mentioned in this DroneFly install, M2 5x5. (first min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32NKqNzJSmw

I'm really scratching my head... I don't understand...

One more photo screwed into the vibration plate to show they fit...

The kit comes with some washers. You could use those to shim the screw
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jul 09, 2013, 05:02 AM
Flying Noob...
Joined Oct 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
The kit comes with some washers. You could use those to shim the screw
Tried that, they're not thick enough. And secondly, with a kit this expensive I honestly should have to, it should work perfectly.
Thameth is offline Find More Posts by Thameth
Old Jul 09, 2013, 05:17 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
@Thameth,
Just had a look, my screws fit perfectly, but in any case just take other screws and be happy.
You could also open your mind to the option, that there is a small chance that you did something not completely correct.

best regards
Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jul 09, 2013, 05:43 AM
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Dec 2010
127 Posts
Does anyone know about the white landing gear legs shown on the F450 in this DJI video?

DJI How to Mount the Zenmuse H3-2D On Your F450 (3 min 26 sec)
mikerxer is offline Find More Posts by mikerxer
Last edited by mikerxer; Jul 09, 2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Added video link
Old Jul 09, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joined Sep 2011
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
As to the results of the experiment.... It's amazing. I have tried a handful of Alexmos/Martinez GoPro sized gimbals out there. While they perform nicely, I feel they don't match the performance level of the H3-2D. As of this moment it's my opinion the H3-2D is the one to beat. DJI has nailed it.
Thanks for the video, but you were taking it very easy. Can you do a full forward to full back.. to full left, to full right? Then do a full speed pass for a couple 100 yards? By that I don't mean full forward, to mid stick, to back, I mean strait from one extreme to the other.

A DJI H3-2D vs a quality Alexmos gimbal (ViacopterDD og Flyduino) would be great Please don't test it against a Chinese open sourced board gimbal (like the Arris etc). These are bad quality gimbals compared to the "real" BL gimbals, like the one's I mentioned above.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Jul 09, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Apr 2013
71 Posts
An shootout Zenmuse H32D vs Tarot gimbal would be great also
Rolf65 is offline Find More Posts by Rolf65