HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Looks great What size prop with those motors?
APC 7x4 SF and APC 7x4 SFP.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,006 Posts
Flygirl 61

I've been working on my Flygirl a little bit at a time and it's almost finished. Here's some photos of my build. I decided to go with the twin engine version running 3 blade props on 3s. She needs a haircut still as her locks get caught up in the props. She is sporting a polka dot string bikini thong and has some tasteful red shoes and modest makeup. Still have to install the "string" for her bikini top and install the servos. She's the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", complete with "tramp stamp". I really hope she flies.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old May 23, 2014, 01:21 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,050 Posts
Lookin' good. I would move the motors before I would cut that beautiful hair! That is going to be a difficult problem to solve...

How can she hold her hands like that? I tried it and it's uncomfortable....
dbacon is online now Find More Posts by dbacon
Last edited by dbacon; May 23, 2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old May 23, 2014, 02:19 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I've been working on my Flygirl a little bit at a time and it's almost finished. Here's some photos of my build. I decided to go with the twin engine version running 3 blade props on 3s. She needs a haircut still as her locks get caught up in the props. She is sporting a polka dot string bikini thong and has some tasteful red shoes and modest makeup. Still have to install the "string" for her bikini top and install the servos. She's the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", complete with "tramp stamp". I really hope she flies.
She is cool. Hope she flies well. Good luck!
Old May 23, 2014, 10:25 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,006 Posts
I painted her fingernails on both sides so they could be visible regardless of orientation. And yes, it's very uncomfy to hold arms/hands like that. I wanted the motors as far forward as possible for easier balance. The single motor in the chest made it necessary to use a very large battery or add weight to the head. I think Otto had the right idea when he started to use twin motors near the armpits. It is a lovely wig but it's just a party wig that cost $15.00. My wife made me put it on for a photo and darn if I didn't look soooooo cute myself. I'll cut it and maybe use some really sticky hair spray to keep it from moving around too much.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,821 Posts
Quote:
I painted her fingernails on both sides so they could be visible regardless of orientation. And yes, it's very uncomfy to hold arms/hands like that. I wanted the motors as far forward as possible for easier balance. The single motor in the chest made it necessary to use a very large battery or add weight to the head. I think Otto had the right idea when he started to use twin motors near the armpits. It is a lovely wig but it's just a party wig that cost $15.00. My wife made me put it on for a photo and darn if I didn't look soooooo cute myself. I'll cut it and maybe use some really sticky hair spray to keep it from moving around too much.
I used a wig from Party City too. Pull the hair back in a pony tail and use a pony tail tie from your wife. When you have it like you want it, apply CA around the hair tie gluing the tie and all the hair together. I did this on Ms Emerson and have not had an issue.

Oops... just went back and look at the pics. Ms Emerson's hair is much longer. If you have a party city you may want to go get a wig with longer hair. See is one bad girl.
Old May 23, 2014, 03:38 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
I used a wig from Party City too. Pull the hair back in a pony tail and use a pony tail tie from your wife. When you have it like you want it, apply CA around the hair tie gluing the tie and all the hair together. I did this on Ms Emerson and have not had an issue.

Oops... just went back and look at the pics. Ms Emerson's hair is much longer. If you have a party city you may want to go get a wig with longer hair. See is one bad girl.
That's a heck of an idea. I seem to recall that Ms Emerson has one centrally located motor in the chest, so she can sport longer hair. My props come very close to her neck.
I got this one .....................
Old May 23, 2014, 04:22 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Well if you fill in for your Ginger plane, remember to hold palms down for better endurance...
Old May 24, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,821 Posts
Quote:
That's a heck of an idea. I seem to recall that Ms Emerson has one centrally located motor in the chest, so she can sport longer hair. My props come very close to her neck.
I got this one .....................
I'll take two....
Old May 24, 2014, 11:57 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
I'll take two....
You're not talking about the wig, are you?
Old May 24, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,821 Posts
Quote:
You're not talking about the wig, are you?
No, but I'll take 'em with the wig if I have to.
Old May 26, 2014, 09:14 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,762 Posts
The latest V2 flying is from South Bend Indiana.

A long time pal, Dennis Lamont, has finished and flown a Ver 2 Flyguy
and a great video was taken.
Bennett Built Fly Guy (2 min 49 sec)

Denny runs the Bennett Built RC operation and supply's many of the
needs of 1/4 scale and IMAA enthusiasts.

Best

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old May 26, 2014, 03:11 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,050 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 07:12 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,050 Posts
AMA responds to recent NPS unmanned aircraft interim policy

In a recent press release, AMA responded to the announcement that National Park Service (NPS) Director Jonathan B. Jarvis signed a policy memorandum that directs park superintendents nationwide to prohibit launching, landing, or operating unmanned aircraft on lands and waters administered by the NPS. In the press release, the AMA expresses its recognition of the difficult circumstance, but asks for the organization to reconsider the action. The AMA also thanks the NPS for the policy's provision that allows model aircraft activity occurring under existing special use permits to continue.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 11:31 AM
United States, OH, Ravenna
Joined Nov 2012
334 Posts
Another great flyguy! Please post some pics after he's painted!

I haven't had much luck with the smaller flyguys, I guess I'll have to try the bigger version.
Squall is offline Find More Posts by Squall