Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Question
Where to find construction tools.

First off, I visit this forum almost exclusively via Tapatalk for the iPhone. The search function does not work, and often topics are hidden, or information therein.
I'm looking on RC Groups for plans and instructions to make hot wire foam cutting tables, and the same for vacuum mold tables.
I can't believe such topics wouldn't be posted on RC Groups, so I'm obviously missing it somewhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.
Siggypoo72 is offline Find More Posts by Siggypoo72
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:23 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,254 Posts
Such things might be out there but they'll be in the Builder's Workshop area.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:52 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,908 Posts
One of the easier places to find thing on 'how to', is the Youtube videos, try a search on - hot wire foam cutter, also try - diy vacuum forming.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
I see. I can, and have, found many plans and tutorials online and on YouTube for both tools I want to make; I just felt sure such things would be well-covered here on RCG.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggypoo72 View Post
I see. I can, and have, found many plans and tutorials online and on YouTube for both tools I want to make; I just felt sure such things would be well-covered here on RCG.
There are many thread on both, but need quite a bit of searching for as they don't always get logical searchable titles.

The Advanced Search is the best way to find them.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,347 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by a table for a hot wire foam cutter. I use a solid core door.
I wrote an article on how to Build an Automated Foam Wing Core Cutter
Radio Controlled Soaring Digest published article/tutorial.

You can download the article here:
http://tailwindgliders.com/Files.html#Articles

I produced a few videos on using the Automated Foam cutter as well as Vacuum Bagging but they are for sale on the same website.

Curtis
Montana
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
I'd be glad to refer to your article. Thanks. What I meant was that I'm looking for instructions to make a foam cutter that would span between two templates maybe four feet apart. What it was mounted to wasn't important, but the culmination was in my experience referred to as a cutting table.