SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:23 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
Question
Phoenix with Devo 7e

Do I need any cables/adaptors (other than the dongle that comes with Phoenix) to hook my Devo 7e (Walkera tx) up to Phoenix sim?

I've seen contradictory information regarding this so am unsure whether I need an adaptor such as: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walkera-Ad...item337c6731d5

Can anyone with Phoenix and a Devo 7e help?
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:27 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Just mail support, they know what you need support@phoenix-sim.com
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
Good call
For anyone else wondering how to get the Devo 7e to work with Phoenix, this was their support's answer:

We have not tested this transmitter but customers confirm the following works correctly:
1) Ensure TX is turned off.
2) Insert the 3.5mm mono to mono cable supplied with the TX into the DSC port.
3) Power on the TX. After a couple of seconds, the display should say:
"PC 0%" rather than the usual "TH 0%".
4) Without powering down the TX, swap the Walkera cable for the Phoenix dongle cable.
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Good call
For anyone else wondering how to get the Devo 7e to work with Phoenix, this was their support's answer:

We have not tested this transmitter but customers confirm the following works correctly:
1) Ensure TX is turned off.
2) Insert the 3.5mm mono to mono cable supplied with the TX into the DSC port.
3) Power on the TX. After a couple of seconds, the display should say:
"PC 0%" rather than the usual "TH 0%".
4) Without powering down the TX, swap the Walkera cable for the Phoenix dongle cable.
You just saved me from going insane!!!
I had been searching and reading for two days pulling my hair out on how to get Phoenix to recognize my Devo 7 and doing what you recommended is the ONLY method that worked.
So many were posting that the devo 7 works with phoenix, but I could not figure out how to make it work!

Thank you so much for posting this!!!
bryan30 is offline Find More Posts by bryan30
Old Aug 03, 2014, 01:27 PM
Joined Feb 2014
236 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but...

If the Devo 7E is running Deviation would it be just a case of choosing a suitable model file as well as following the above instructions?
D_an_W is offline Find More Posts by D_an_W
Old Sep 02, 2014, 05:42 AM
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
DEVO 7 & Phoenix 5

Truespin you have just saved me from going completely mental. Thank you so, so much.
Why didn't the people who sold me Phoenix tell me about this quirk ?
helimental is offline Find More Posts by helimental
Old Sep 16, 2014, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2014
99 Posts
Hi folks,

When I do step 1 thru 3 my brand new Devo 7E does not display "PC 0%" rather than the usual "TH 0%". What does change on the normal transmitter screen display is the TX signal strength bars disappear and an image of what looks like a computer monitor hooked to a TX radio appears in its place. Can I safely assume this is the same thing? I'm wanting to get Phoenix 5 to use with this TX.

Also, is it confirmed that the Phoenix "stereo" plug will work ok plugged into the 7E's mono port, or do you need a stereo to mono adapter.

Thanks,
Dan

PS - Does the 7E have to be running Deviation, or will the stock firmware work with Phoenix?
LDan101 is offline Find More Posts by LDan101
Last edited by LDan101; Sep 16, 2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: One more thing please.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2014
99 Posts
Deleted
Old Sep 25, 2014, 08:02 AM
Joined Aug 2014
99 Posts
I got Phoenix 5 and by just following the included instructions (ignoring the part about transmitters not supported: All Walkera except 2xxx) my still unDeviated Devo 7E works with just the included Phoenix interface cable.