www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Discussion
RC Bikes on Greek WebTV

Actually it is playing RIGHT NOW!

http://www.dottv.gr/index.php/webtv-live

In the next few days it will be available to view on demand.

Enjoy!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:27 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
The show will be repeated today, at 14:00, 17:30 and 21:00 Greek local time. For those who want to calcuate the difference, Greek local time is +2hrs over England.
(14.00 will be in 40 minutes, in Greece).

the RC Bike part starts at around 14-15 minutes into the show and its duration is almost 20 minutes... Of course the narration is in Greek, but then again, you won't hear anything you don't already know. Basically it's an intro to rc bikes and a very brief explanation of the racing classes, showing the scales, and some footage of my bikes on track.

A follow-up will appear in the coming weeks with (hopefully!) a few Anderson and maybe other off road bikes! As I write this, we are trying to arrange when it's possible to do some shooting of my bike, along with Vegos' two bikes... I am also aware of a (Mk1?) Venom 450, so it may get really interesting!

As for the current show, it will be at www.dottv.gr in a few days for "on-demand" playback.

Enjoy the Greek RC bikes, till then!
Last edited by steliosh; Feb 20, 2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: added a pic!!! :)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:48 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Good job, Stelios!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:21 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
now the show can be viewed "on-demand":
Click on the link below, http://www.dottv.gr/index.php/arxeio...s-motosykletes
then proceed the slide bar to the 18.50 minute approximately!
If you are into airplanes, of course you can watch the whole show from the beginning!

Enjoy.

As I said, it's in Greek, but well... you can understand that I am simply referring to what the rc bikes are, how do they turn, and a brief explanation of racing classes...
Bikes that run: KP10, SB-5, HOR, Mini-Z, Anderson M5.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:06 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,133 Posts
Well done Stelios!
I watched it all, but have to confess it was all Greek to me..
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
hey it was not all Greek... I said "rc bikes", Kyosho, Hanging on Racer, Thunder Tiger, motocross and other... non Greek!!!

Thanks, John!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:44 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Stelios. ''It's all Greek to me'' is an old English phrase to represent confusion.
Though when analyzed, there are more than a few Greek words in the English language!

For me, although I only grasped the odd phrase, it was still worth the watch!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
hey! I do know the expression!
In Greece, though we say "sounds Chinese to me", which... think of it... makes more sense!!!

Thanks for the kind words!!!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:20 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
In sweden we use the "greek" expression, anyone else want to add an "unintelligble" language?

UK: Greek
Sweden: Greek
Greece: Chinese

Score so far:
Greek 2 - Chinese 1
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:34 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
we don't want to go there!!!
ALL botanology, medicine and other scientific terminology (not to mention, for example the names of almost all known stars) it's Greek!
(even the endong word "-ology" is Greek!!!)
So, it really IS confusing to me why use a KNOWN language to express this and not a REALLY difficult to understand like Chinese... or Japanese, for that matter!
(no offense to any Chinese or Japanese people who may read this, just wanted to make a point, and these people would confirm this, right?!)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Does anyone know if this is available to watch online? I would like to watch it but I am in the US
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:13 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Yes! This is the link to view:

http://dottv.gr/index.php/arxeio-ekp...s-motosykletes

If you're not into rc airplanes, skip to minute 19 or thereabouts... (The first 19 minutes of the show is airplanes)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:20 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
In case anyone wanted to view this weekend, there is a problem at the dottv.gr servers. They are working on it, so, hopefully maybe tonight or Monday morning it will be again up and running. I was just informed about it. Sorry folks!

In the meantime, here are 3 more pics, taken by Kosmas who did the interview!
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:52 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
TV, magazines, bike demo at rc races, friends - your dedication is great Steliosh. After all that so far, how many show any interest to buy a bike to run with you? Your running out of options lol. I wonder if you gave someone a bike just to use for a month if that would even be enough. I think its human nature to avoid joining a hobby with only one person showing interest. People need to see groups and somehow that triggers some desire to join in. Thats my theory anyways. Hope the TV show helps.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:36 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Well... I have tried to give people a bike, even made a second one, easy-to-drive-but-slow enough to be controllable, and with pistol radio which seems to be the preference around here (I prefer sticks!), but noone was ever really interested. I even tried to steer interest and promote an RTR-Cup idea, like Thomas Feilner is doing in Germany, but still no interest!

Three years ago, people saw me run the bike at the track and they thought I was an eccentric... The good thing is that now, after all this "publicity" and my constant, fast, and no-crash laps they see this with racing interest and not as an eccentricity any more.
They even ask me about the racing, the Worlds etc...

But the most defining reason for anyone jumping into rc bikes (and racing) is the cost, in these times...