Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Help!
Help!

Hi all

I need a bit of help with my tt01.

I know its one of the most basic chassis and very little can be done to it, but the little can make a huge improvement to the way the car drives and handles and be a great competitor.

I currently have:
Alu prop shaft and cups
CVA oil dampers
TT01E A and D parts
Speed gears 55 and 58
Pinion 23 and 22
Full ball bearings
9T ezrun brushless system

I wanted to know A) what would be the best gear ratio to run with my brushless system as I would like to race around a track ( and again I know its not a race chassis but just because) and B) how can I lower the ride height of the chassis

Any help will be great guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
marctt01 is online now Find More Posts by marctt01
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:40 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
Less pre-load spacers on the springs (or softer springs if you're already running without pre-load spacers) will lower it. As for ratio, not sure. I would base it on motor temp and how it runs.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Thanks WParsons

I will try that with the suspension but I also read that by adding additional o-rings on the damper shaft it will lower the chassis

marctt01 is online now Find More Posts by marctt01
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
How low are you trying to make it. Unless you stiffen the shock springs the car will bottom out with it being really low and that will really hurt the handling. I went thru this with my TT01's and my HPI's.. Too low is just as bad if not worse than too high. You can also try better tires.. I personally love foams even outdoors but others have had great success with rubber tires with traction sauce and or heat..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:08 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctt01 View Post
Thanks WParsons

I will try that with the suspension but I also read that by adding additional o-rings on the damper shaft it will lower the chassis

You can do that, but that requires rebuilding the shocks any time you want to adjust ride height, so you'll want to measure twice and build once

If all you want is for the car to look lower, just lower the body on the body mounts.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons