HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:25 PM
Bromsgrove
Joined Jul 2004
378 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec Wasp Nano or WL V922

Hi Folks,

Both these helicopters are available online for the same price. I am stuggling to decide which one to go for.

The Wasp Nano has 'proper' rotary servos and comes with a computer transmitter.

The V922 seems to be more crashworthy but has linear servos and a non-programmable tx.

Is there anything else to choose between these two?

Thanks

Rich
rich_hodgetts is offline Find More Posts by rich_hodgetts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
The skyartec of course
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
371 Posts
I would go for the skyartec because of the Tx and the free bits offer. Also because skyartec seem to have quite good customer support. In fact I am going to buy one as soon as some funds find their way into my piggy bank
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:17 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,030 Posts
I agree with above posters. On top of having that beautiful NASA701 Transmitter and Receiver/Gyro (look it up...this is a high performance Tx). Skyartec has one of the best customer support systems right now. One post in the proper Skyartec thread will get you instant replies from either Max Ettinger of ParkflyerRC or Michael Skyartec or any one of the resident Skyartec experts in this forum. This is one of the keys to happy heli flying, IMO.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Last edited by easyrider604; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
646 Posts
where did u saw the wasp nano at the same price as the V922?...i was wondering too what heli was the best

Edit: never mind, i just saw it in banggood at the same price
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Last edited by Tboost; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:51 AM
Sweden, Jönköping County, Gislaved
Joined Feb 2013
80 Posts
This might help ;-)
WASP nano CP Crash Test on Hard floor! (1 min 37 sec)
Nicke.a is offline Find More Posts by Nicke.a
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:06 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
3,996 Posts
The V922 is quite durable. As a beginner, durability is very important. Linear servos (on the V922) are known to be more durable than rotary servos.

Another mechanical advantage is it comes with bulleted blades. While it reduces agility, it improves stability. Bulleted blades require a more powerful motor and if you examine the huge V922 main motor, you'll know why it came with bulleted blades. A weak motor will not support bulleted blades well.

The main concern with V922 is the lack of a programmable transmitter. As a newbie, you should not need to worry about all that. Just focus on flying. Some may find expo and dual rates to be very important but lacking, however, I don't think the default expo and rates are bad for beginners.

I can't comment on the Wasp as I have never flown one before. Do read the threads to see the potential problems that may occur to each bird.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:40 AM
Bromsgrove
Joined Jul 2004
378 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I went with the wasp in the end - its on its way from banggood now. I am not really a newbie, have been flying a 450 for a while but never quite progressed to 3D. I want to use the micro to get to grips with the basics of flips, rolls and inverted without the cost and space needed to do it with a bigger machine. The V922 looks like it is going to be the most popular, cheap cp but I just can't see how you can have real success without a programmable tx. Skyartecs customer service is amazing for a Chinese company. They film all of their product test flights and post them online before each heli leaves the factory!
Rich
rich_hodgetts is offline Find More Posts by rich_hodgetts