SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Get Real, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Discussion
T-Copter Test Flight And Maiden

Considering the props are not balanced,the servo is old and sloppy,the fc board isnt dialed in and there was some stiff breezes it flew pretty well for a scratch build i threw together with odds and ends and some elbow grease. Really like the feel of the t-copter in the air and will be building a larger one when i can. Its 13.1oz rtf and has plenty of power for the yard and a good size and weight for a back yard basher multi rotor .

T-Copter Scratch Build Testing And Maiden Flight In Yard! (4 min 5 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:09 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Specs?

Could you share a few more specs on the T-copter (e.g. motors, props, size, battery). Sure looks like it works just fine.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Current Specs

It needs more dialing in but im really pleased with it so far even though its thrown together with odds and ends. Its just a tester so the gear will be changing quite a bit to see what works,its getting a kk2 board today.

Specs from maiden. It was 13.1 oz rtf in the video with the 3s 850 pack but im flying it with a 3s 1300mah lipo as well
HK I86 FC Board
RCPB XT 2206 1500kv outrunners
RCPB 12amp ESC's(not flashed)
RCPB Pro-Packs 850 mah 3s Lipo
RCPB 8x4.5 props
Spektrum park flyer 6ch rx
Hitec hs81 mg servo on the tail
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
It needs more dialing in but im really pleased with it so far even though its thrown together with odds and ends. Its just a tester so the gear will be changing quite a bit to see what works,its getting a kk2 board today.

Specs from maiden. It was 13.1 oz rtf in the video with the 3s 850 pack but im flying it with a 3s 1300mah lipo as well
HK I86 FC Board
RCPB XT 2206 1500kv outrunners
RCPB 12amp ESC's(not flashed)
RCPB Pro-Packs 850 mah 3s Lipo
RCPB 8x4.5 props
Spektrum park flyer 6ch rx
Hitec hs81 mg servo on the tail
Looks great. Seems to be flying even better with the KK2 . What's the motor to motor distance?

Also looks like RCPB could be a great place to order from?

cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:38 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Outrunner hub to hub is 14 1/2'' (boom is about 16'' wide). Its flying well now with the kk2 and the digital tail servo I could probably turn the gain back up a bit as well now that the tail is good. RCPB is a good place,been ordering all my epp and most of my plane gear there but ordered stuff for this t-copter and the 450 quad as well. Kevin might be expanding more into quads and is working on a cool v-tail quad,should be a happy medium between a quad and a tri it looks like.

V-tail Quad Testing Video By Kevin Of RCPB
My Scratch Built V-Tail Quad Copter (3 min 47 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Thanks for the info. Funny, I was contemplating building a "TV" multi-rotor. Seems like a good way to go on so many counts.

How do you like your tri vs the quad?

cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:05 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
I like the tri better,should be starting on the bigger one by next week. Gonna pick up some heli skids for them this weekend as well.
RCG Plus Member