HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:37 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
They should come on instantly. You might have something plugged in wrong? I seem to remember mine doing that and i changed something around and it worked from then on. I cannot remember what i did as it was a long time ago.

Guy`s
is there any threads showing how to do the Burried pushrod thingy?

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:44 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kushal_22

Guy`s

Mal
Theres info on how to do it in the Unicorn thread, but I cant remember where in the Uni thread (huge thread) good luck finding it ...R...
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:49 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Here is some burried pushrod stuff http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=4 ...R...
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old Jan 29, 2004, 06:24 PM
Land of Entrapment
Joined Nov 2003
175 Posts
About the only thing I could have plugged in wrong was the 9V battery!! Since it's polarized I'm going to rule that one out

I've been in email contact with Justin Cole from www.elwirecheap.com. He has been most helpful and I should have a fix very soon. I'll post a reply if this works.

Quote:
Originally posted by kushal_22
They should come on instantly. You might have something plugged in wrong? I seem to remember mine doing that and i changed something around and it worked from then on. I cannot remember what i did as it was a long time ago.

Guy`s

Mal
Fleg is offline Find More Posts by Fleg
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:16 PM
Your flyer is down...
Joined Jan 2004
101 Posts
Re: Flor. Ultracote

Quote:
Originally posted by VortexOfPain
Try HobbyTron or World Class, I've seen florescent yellow ultracoat at both stores.
Since Todd is too busy flying to respond ( ) I'll butt in--

HobbyTron in Orem is where the ole 'Wind of Bag' (bwahahaaaaa! he's not here to defend himself!) bought his bright yellow... but it's Monocote, not Ultracote. The florescents over at World Class are only Monocote too.

So where do you fly in Orem, Vortex? Up at the 'Cemetary Field' near WordPerfect? We fly there occasionally... but usually we fly at a small field near UVSC, west of Geneva. We're there almost every day around lunch time. You should come down!
Airhole is offline Find More Posts by Airhole
Old Jan 29, 2004, 09:47 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fleg
About the only thing I could have plugged in wrong was the 9V battery!! Since it's polarized I'm going to rule that one out
Hmmmmm
Mine was a different brand than that and you had a couple of things to plug in.

G;ad to hear you are getting it figured out.

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:03 PM
Land of Entrapment
Joined Nov 2003
175 Posts
Well looks like I probably have a defective inverter.
Tried a couple suggestions that I received from Justin but it's just not working. I was really wanting to do some night flying this weekend!!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:20 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,806 Posts
Jake,

we'll probably be down at the US Synthetics field tomorrow at lunch. Just head west over the freeway from UVSC, cross Geneva road and keep going until you hit the park on the south side of the road. It has a small track around it that we fly from. There's big open BLM land south of the park to fly over, and lots of migratory birds to chase, er, I mean AVOID!

Yeah, Airhole (such an appropriate name!) is right, they only have flourescent in the heavier Monokote, which doesn't work well with foam. I ordered a roll of flourescent yellow Oracover. I'm gonna strip the monokote off and replace it.

I'll try and get the Unicorn up so you can check it out. The 480 I'm using is on it's last leg, but should work for a while longer. My Mega Brushless should be here Monday.

Airhole =>

Wind_of_Change =>
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:28 PM
Your flyer is down...
Joined Jan 2004
101 Posts
Me --> [Smiley is no more] <-- Wind in Shorts

Mwahahahahahahaaaaaa!

edit... smileys I was referencing are gone... wierd picture was in their place.
Last edited by Airhole; Mar 03, 2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:45 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,806 Posts
I'll meet you on the field tomorrow Airhole! You'll pay for your insolence!

Wind_of_Awesomeness
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:57 PM
Your flyer is down...
Joined Jan 2004
101 Posts
Fair nuff.

But before you fly, I want you to stare at this for 3 minutes.

Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:27 AM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
Fleg -

The Whine is the frequency of the driver (about 4kHz) and is normal - nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, it sounds like you do have a problem with your lights not working. Assuming you've got them plugged it, they should work. Check the wire for a short - this would cause the lights to malfunction.
Helicool is offline Find More Posts by Helicool
Old Jan 30, 2004, 03:40 AM
Land of Entrapment
Joined Nov 2003
175 Posts
I've followed a number of suggestions from elwirecheap.com including clipping the ends of the wires just in case of a short and resolding the connections of the wires themselves. I bought the version with two different wires and tried each at different times with similar results. I'm also getting only about 300mV out of the inverter. Without knowing if this is good or bad it's about the only thing I'm assuming is wrong.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 08:16 AM
Toronto, ON Canada
Joined Jul 2002
877 Posts
If you're getting only 300mV AC out of your inverter, I would say something is wrong - I get 162V AC on mine!
Helicool is offline Find More Posts by Helicool
Old Jan 30, 2004, 08:20 AM
Land of Entrapment
Joined Nov 2003
175 Posts
hhmm....yeah.....I'm thinking 300mA vs 162V something is very wrong!!!

Thanks Helicool for that voltage number. After being suggested to redo the solder connections for the wire I was hopeing that my solder skills were not that bad!!