SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Question
Quality LHS in Tampa?

I'm in Tampa on business this week and looking for a good shop. Any suggestions?
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,241 Posts
What are you looking for?

Archie's on 62nd Ave in Pinellas Park for plane ARF's, boats, cars and heli's.
Charlie's on Water's Ave for about the same.
Phil's on 60th st. off Park for plastic models and r/c cars. not much in the way of planes or heli's

Charlie's has a much better selection of wood and building mat'ls. Not so much of the kits/ARF's
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:58 PM
25+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,541 Posts
Tampa is a large area. Several places to choose from.

I go to HobbytownUSA in north Tampa once a month. Nice folks there. Helpful types. Selection is pretty good too. Address and phone number at the link.

http://www.hobbytown.com/Tampa-FL/
BigIron357 is online now Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_tech View Post
What are you looking for?

Archie's on 62nd Ave in Pinellas Park for plane ARF's, boats, cars and heli's.
Charlie's on Water's Ave for about the same.
Phil's on 60th st. off Park for plastic models and r/c cars. not much in the way of planes or heli's

Charlie's has a much better selection of wood and building mat'ls. Not so much of the kits/ARF's
Charlie's it is then. kits/ARFs can be gotten anywhere. When I travel on business, I like to visit the different LHSes to see what's available.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:46 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,241 Posts
Ike is the owner. Good guy to deal with.
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueswope View Post
Charlie's it is then. kits/ARFs can be gotten anywhere. When I travel on business, I like to visit the different LHSes to see what's available.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Are you up for a trip of around 90 minutes? In the north side of Orlando is a hobby shop which is better than any I've ever been to. They carry -everything-. Graves RC. If you take I-4 from Tampa, which is at mile 0, and exit at mile marker 88 Lee Road, then you'll be only about 10 minutes away. I love that place. And when I say you can find anything, I mean it. The staff is awesome, knowledgeable, and very helpful. www.gravesrc.com
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Are you up for a trip of around 90 minutes? In the north side of Orlando is a hobby shop which is better than any I've ever been to. They carry -everything-. Graves RC. If you take I-4 from Tampa, which is at mile 0, and exit at mile marker 88 Lee Road, then you'll be only about 10 minutes away. I love that place. And when I say you can find anything, I mean it. The staff is awesome, knowledgeable, and very helpful. www.gravesrc.com
Bummer! Wish I'd seen this sooner. 90 minutes is nothing. Next trip down I'll definitely check it out. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:25 PM
What, Me Worry?
United States, FL, Sanford
Joined Feb 2007
261 Posts
Ditto on the Graves RC suggestion. They have more inventory than all other LHS that I've been to combined!! Just about anything available is in stock. Separate departments in separate rooms for airplanes and for helicopters and for RC ground vehicles. Everyone there is very knowledgeable about the products.
edbu1 is offline Find More Posts by edbu1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:03 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbu1 View Post
Ditto on the Graves RC suggestion. They have more inventory than all other LHS that I've been to combined!! Just about anything available is in stock. Separate departments in separate rooms for airplanes and for helicopters and for RC ground vehicles. Everyone there is very knowledgeable about the products.
and 200 very cool used airplanes hanging from the ceiling for sale
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick