HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by brandonmoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:47 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Mini-HowTo
My sound modification to the Star Max A-1H "Sky Raider"

Coming soon, in the next few weeks...I will be posting information and pictures of my Modification to the StarMax A-1H Sky Raider with the Shock Wave sound module from http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/index.htm

Also will be doing a retract modification, even though several have already been done in other threads.

This is how she looks currently and is completely stock and flys beautiful and gracefully

A special thanks to Pete and Banana Hobbies for sending me this Beautiful Airplane
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Here is the maiden flight footage on her maiden day and I let several other pilots enjoy how she flew and let then fly her. It's not the best footage, but it raw and unedited as it happened This is before I added the sound system. Next video will be with the sound system installed, should be here next week.

Banana Hobbies A-1H Sky Raider Maiden flight.MOD (1 min 57 sec)

2011-10-30_Banana Hobbies A-1H Sky Raider 2nd flight.3gp (4 min 46 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:56 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,269 Posts
You BrandonMoon !!!! Couldnt just stay in your Mustang Corner COULD you???

Now you had to OUT-DO my Spad too

What a beauty..SHURE wish you would have done a " how to airbrush a SPAD and panel lines.. tutorial"...Looks great..and MAN....it sure gets off the ground in a hurry for a BIG plane...I have the Durafly Model...Love it too....

Geting ready to try adding exhaust and gun stains...But am soooo afraid of messing up a very nice plane.

Cant wait to hear the sound too.....Guess then I can just dig a hole in my backyard and jump in it.

Pat
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Nope.....I couldn't...LOL and I'm even doing a few others I haven't even posted about yet either, but soon?

I am also designing in on this plane, a Wing folding option ( just like the Giant LX Corsair), and wiil reveal more about, and on that later.... Stay tuned

As for the Many requests I've recieved over the Air-Brushng issue....All I can say is....Working on it, and will be doing a few of those and the tecniques I use later some time this summer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:13 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Ok the Front speaker boxe are installed and have decided to first try two 3 inch aero sound speakers of front since they fit better size wise. I'm considering adding two more of the same size or possible two 4 inch in the wings underside...still not decided on that yet?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:59 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
332 Posts
Nice looking airplane.

How do you stand all the noise/confusion at your flying field?
LA Ming is online now Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,269 Posts
Lot's of nerve control to Cut into a perty' bird like that ...Know it will look great after.....

In photo 3- right under your tele.# what is the function of the 2 white screws/washers? They dont apear to do anything (yet)

Pat
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
Lot's of nerve control to Cut into a perty' bird like that ...Know it will look great after.....

In photo 3- right under your tele.# what is the function of the 2 white screws/washers? They dont apear to do anything (yet)

Pat
Those are the bolts for the wing that hold it to the fuselage....I have them poked in the foam stored there
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Those are the bolts for the wing that hold it to the fuselage....I have them poked in the foam stored there
+1 on that too lol I screw um into the place they go....but like your safe spot better

are you just a FMS guy? or do you have durafly A-1 or Dynam f-4u to be exact...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:20 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
No I don't have any of those...The Dynam I have is the PBY. Never tried out any of the durafly products.

Actually not dedicated to any one product....But my favorite's are TopFlite and FMS...I also like Great Planes
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Both front speakers installed and cover screens done. I also decide to paint over the girl riding the bomb decal I had on it originally, bored with it or should I say "her", and returned it brack to the original livery. Still have a little painting to do, but got the basics done. Still deciding on other speaker locations and possible size?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,269 Posts
Already got Oil in your speaker box ...Looks Fantastic...can't wait to hear it
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:48 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Ok guys here it is....still a work in progress, but at least here some teaser video

A-1 Skyraider sound demo 001 (0 min 0 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sound System Expert
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2006
420 Posts
Latched vs Momentary mode on ShockWave sound module.

Hi, all. I wanted to let you all know that you don't have to repeat the "number of clicks" to switch off the gun sounds.

You can operate the gun sounds in two modes using a single Tx switch - Latched mode or Momentary mode.

Full details are on our Model Sounds Inc. customer support thread here :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1835426&page=5

Regards,
David Harrison
DavidHarrison is offline Find More Posts by DavidHarrison
Last edited by DavidHarrison; Mar 03, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
This is correct..forgot to mention I do have mine set to Latched ...Sorry...OOPS

But on my 3 position switch It wouldn't work in momentary for that many sound selections....you could only choose one...the others wouldn't work. Am I missing something wrong in order to use it on my spring loaded switch? Help????
RCG Plus Member