Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Help!
Ar500 help

Bought a dx5e it came with a ar500 whenever I hook up my esc and motor to throttle it doesn't beep or function althought the receiver light stays lit solid
I have orange rx receiver and it works with the same esc
I have even tried with a difrrent esc with the ar500 and still no throttle response
However it beeps and works if I connect it to another channel such as the gear ch
Am I doing something wrong or do not know something
And how do I get it to work right?
Usern is offline Find More Posts by Usern
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:14 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
369 Posts
So first take the prop off your motor.

You may have the throttle reversed. Most ESC's wont arm til the throttle is at low setting. So try moving the throttle all the way up (assuming you have it down now.) And then connect the battery to the esc. ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE PROP IS OFF THE MOTOR BEFORE YOU FIDDLE WITH THE ESC/BATTERY.
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:26 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,049 Posts
Here is one possibility which sounds similar to something I recently experienced.

Plug everything in correctly, including the servo plugs and all plugs for that matter facing the correct direction. They will plug in facing either way on the rx but one way only is correct. Don't ask me how I know this...newbie.

Remove the prop , first. Next turn on your Tx and select the model you are binding to. Use your bind plug. Then plug in your battery to your ESC. If that does not work then disconnect your battery and while the Tx is still on - push the throttle stick to full up position and plug your battery back in to the ESC. Still nothing?

Perhaps a bad rx? Look up the Ar500 reviews on Yahoo or Google. I almost bought some cheap (too cheap) on ebay and wondered about them before bidding. Not the best reviews.
Take all this with a grain of salt...and wait for the experts to answer. Yep, while I was typing you get a similar answer.

Good luck.
Steve 0 is online now Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:15 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
981 Posts
Could be servo reversed, or throttle-trim, check you have trim down low (once you have checked/adjusted throttle-reverse). As above, ensure all this with NO PROPELLER fitted.
Otherwise, do the bind process again to make sure you have comm's TX-RX.
Check a servo in ch3 to see if that moves at all.
I never had any problems with Spektrum gear, but I 'spose it could be a dud.
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:24 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,217 Posts
Reguardless of what it is ship the Ar500 to horizon and have them go over it.
There is/was a surprising number of issues with it.

9 out of 10 times they will send you a Ar600 back
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
when i plug in to a diffrent ch it beeps and works
tried reversing no luck
got it as a gift so no sales receipt plus i think its an older model
you think i could get it fixed or replaced still?
Usern is offline Find More Posts by Usern