HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:43 PM
Another Newbie
United States, PA, Bethel Park
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyzone Glasair

Having been in the hobby some 15 years ago, I'm not new to flying but thought I'd start out at the beginning. I purchased the Glasair and a Spektrum DX7S. I'm having a problem changing from 2 aileron servos with a Y connector to 2 servos with independent wires. The receiver (HBZ7651) has 2 aileron ports. When I connect the wires I get flaps in both direction and not the normal 1 UP and 1 DOWN.

PS. still learning how to program the radio so be nice.
poolman1950 is offline Find More Posts by poolman1950
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:52 PM
USA, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2010
8 Posts
sounds like u just need to reverse one of the channels
strangerb43 is offline Find More Posts by strangerb43
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:02 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
179 Posts
Go to the radios forum and look for the 7and 8 threads and you will find your answers. I have a 7s and I go there for help on mine.
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Crawley
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
With the 7S you have the option to select wing type you do this by holding the roller and then powering up the TX but make sure you were on the correct model before doing this. once you turn on with roller pressed in you will get a menu option, scroll down to 'wing type' and select this and then you have options for many wing types and you want to select 2 aileron servo wing. once done just come out of the menu and should be working.

i am not sure what the difference is between the receiver you have and the normal AR600 receiver but with the AR you would use the AIL and AUX for the ailerons.

hope this helps
matthew_herbe is offline Find More Posts by matthew_herbe
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,297 Posts
poolman1950,

It's not a transmitter issue, it's the receiver. The second aileron port in the Sportsman receiver is just that - a reversed aileron port, but it's the same channel. In the Sportsman, you must use the Y-harness to achieve proper aileron function.

Don't despair the purchase of the 7S, however. It's still a great transmitter! You can still use it for making custom dual rate and expo settings to tune the feel of the airplane to your own personal flying style. And of course it will be handy once you start picking up all the various Bind-N-Fly airplanes and helis that are available.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor