HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:04 PM
New York Upsate
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Suggestion
Can not see picutures

When I click to view a picture on the forum, all I get is a BLACK page all blank and my tool bar says DONE. I used to be able to see pictures fine. I have not added software, nor changed settings on my Mac with Firefox. RC Groups is enabled to down load pictures, not to block pop ups, accept all cookies. Any help most appreciated

Spinemup
spinemup is offline Find More Posts by spinemup
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
I will run this by our techs. Have you tried this on a different browser?
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:47 AM
New York Upsate
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Hi Jim;

Thanks for the reply and thanks for checing into this problem I am having.

I only use Firefox on my Mac. I hane never before had this problem on RC Groups...or any other forum or web page whatsoever. I have been out of the US for a little over a year on assignment. Where I was I did not have any Internet whatsoever.

Before leaving on assignment, all was well with pictures on RC Groups.
When I got home and back on the web...RC Groups was my first place to visit. I immediatelly found the no picture issue. To re-explain the problem. If I click on any picture, for example in the classifieds, the page changes as if its going to load the picture. The screen goes black and on my status bar I get the Msg DONE. I have to click BACK to get back to the classified ad. Then I am good to keep reading forums.

I have no issue seeing pictures in the thumbnail forum such as in the classifieds and others. Its just when I click on them to get a large picture I get the black screen and DONE.

This issue does not appear anywhere else on any place on the web. I can click on pictures and get them full size....problem is only on RC Groups.

On Firefor Prefferences, I have given special authorization to RC Groups to load pictures, accept all cookies, dont block any pop ups or ads. In other words, RC Groups is running wide open on my end...yet cant blow up a picture.

Many Thanks for any possible assistance

Spinemup
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
When you see the black page do you see the image if you scroll to the top of the page?
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:36 PM
New York Upsate
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Jim, just a black page. No scroll bar is on the side. A full screen of nothing but black and the word DONE on my status bar

Spinemup
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
Spin
I'm going to push a link to this thread to a couple of our techs to take a look at. Thanks for your patience.
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:41 PM
New York Upsate
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Jim......Thank You.
Its not the end of the world, but its not handy either ha ha ha

Spinemup
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:05 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,421 Posts
I'm not sure about the cause, looks like some script isn't loading. I'd suggest a workaround: go to the options page, scroll down to the Attachments section and select "Use old attachment browser to browse attachments within a thread" and click "Save changes" at the bottom.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:48 AM
New York Upsate
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kolesnikov View Post
I'm not sure about the cause, looks like some script isn't loading. I'd suggest a workaround: go to the options page, scroll down to the Attachments section and select "Use old attachment browser to browse attachments within a thread" and click "Save changes" at the bottom.
Mike, Thank you Sir. Your suggestion/directions work well and I now have pictures again. I appreciate your help.

Spinemup