Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
253 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec Nano CP or Walkera Super CP

Hi i have flown 4-channel helis and now plan to migrate to collective pitch. Which one is better? I want to keep the cp longer. i know nano cp is much cheaper, but does this mean that quality-wise, Super CP is superior?
samho2088 is offline Find More Posts by samho2088
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,413 Posts
You might want to follow those respective threads in the micro heli forum and draw your own conclusions. Walkera turns products over quite often; just something you may want to keep in mind.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,087 Posts
hi mate i have a skyartec wasp nice heli build quality is not great tho you will need to strip it and build it right i found only 2 screws with locktite on them and they had so much the head of the 2mm screw snapped off so now waiting for parts 14 days to wait but still good heli my boy has the ninja 400 same thing with that needs looking over before you fly it , also the only allen key they give you will not fit it all you need a 1mm and 1.5 mm ? but the heads of the screws are poor so i just ordered the 2 allen drivers from skyartec..... so to sum up i would buy the make again but knowing that a rebuild is in order but i think all rc helis need this i may be wrong cos i am new my self
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:52 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,344 Posts
Is there a difference between them in crash survivability? Suitability for first 6ch CP from 4ch FP? Tx in the RTF package? Parts availability? The money difference is about $35.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
Can you give a link? Different stores carry different Heli/TX combinations. You might want to look at what the TX that accompanies them can do.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:25 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,344 Posts
Skyartec Wasp 100 CP w/Nasa 701 Tx vs. Walkera Super CP w/Devo 7E Tx.....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Is there a difference between them in crash survivability? Suitability for first 6ch CP from 4ch FP? Tx in the RTF package? Parts availability? The money difference is about $35.
The crash survivability is likely to be similar as they are based on the Walkera Mini CP. The Walkera Super CP is likely to be bit more stable for beginners. The transmitters are similar with both being "toy like". The Walkera transmitter has an advantage in that a third party firmware may become available which will make it compatible with a number of Blade and Helimax helis. The Walkera Mini CP is well established and so parts are sold by a number of vendors.

You may be able to find a LHS who sells these helis and parts in California e.g. Hobby People and Wow Hobbies. It may be worth checking out.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:02 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,344 Posts
Thanks, zadaw. Both those Tx's can handle the other bird, right? So if I could, say, buy the Super CP RTF and the Wasp 100 CP BNF? Will I be able to bind the Devo 7E to my H911 too?

--- Gary ---
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:13 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Thanks, zadaw. Both those Tx's can handle the other bird, right? So if I could, say, buy the Super CP RTF and the Wasp 100 CP BNF? Will I be able to bind the Devo 7E to my H911 too?

--- Gary ---
No they cannot, but the lead developer of the Deviation firmware will work on it. You can bind the WL toys V911 to the Devo 7E but that will need a simple hardware modification. The situation with the Devo 7E is a bit complicated at the moment. The firmware is available but has not been officially released. The reason is that you cannot go back to the original once you have flashed it because Walkera has not put the original version on its site. There is more information on the firmware here.

www.deviationtx.com

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:02 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,344 Posts
I'd like to order the Super CP RTF, but from who? I don't have much experience with the online shops. I've read great stuff about miracle-mart but they're out of stock. Any recommedations? I'm looking for 1) a good dealer who will be helpful if something is missing or defective, 2) can ship to Los Angeles area in about a week or so (no month-long waits), 3) competitive price

Also, what spare parts should I order up front? Thanks!

---- Gary ----
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:31 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,089 Posts
Spare parts:
- Main Blades
- Landing Skids
- Main Motor

These three are the minimum you need and that are likely to keep breaking. Main blades don't break, but they're going to get nicked a lot. Main motors have a limited lifespan because the contact brushes inside run fast and wear out faster as if you've been dragging a broom behind your car. If you're extra careful, and doing your training properly, you won't be crashing into walls, but you'll still be landing hard and often on your skids, eventually, fatigue will set in and they'll break.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
41 Posts
I have a Mini CP which I got from Wowhobbies, who are in Orange CA. They do have a brink-n-mortar shop there. I've had good service from them--my heli had a dead 'aileron' servo when it arrived and they shipped me a new servo in a week with no hassles.

Also, if you get the Devo 10 tx I think it is easier to switch between Deviation and stock firmware (might want to talk to the Deviants, since I haven't tried this myself!!) and the transmitter is probably not that much more expensive if you get an rtf combo with the helicopter.
Bill Mercer is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mercer
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:28 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,344 Posts
Thanks, Bill. I may take a drive to Wow when I have some time. I read a few unpleasant reviews about dealing with them remotely though.

As for the Devo 10, I'm not ready for it. At a cost of ~$150, a BNF Super CP/Devo 10 package would be least $100 more than an RTF Super CP purchase. The extra cost of the Devo 7E vs BNF seems to be about $30. I'm thinking the Devo 10 isn't going to make that much difference to me as a CP beginner and I'll wait and see if I want to take this hobby further before investing in a more capable Tx.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:02 PM
Caution: Noob in training
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
863 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but I really like the 7E. It's small, but a good small; very portable, I have no issues whatsoever with it's size, now when I pick up a regular TX they feel huge and clunky. Very nice feel to it once the plastic sticks are replaced with metal (2sec unscrew).
With Deviation, can use with practically any RX / BNF, and there are already hardware mods out there to greatly increase it's capabilities - hell, it's almost on par with the devo10 now. The official Chinese Walkera site now has the official firmware available, so should be available on the English site soonish, so can experiment with Deviation with the safety net of an official firmware to revert to.

I also love the Super CP. Very durable, usually after a crash (self-inflicted) just pick it up, dust it off, and hand-launch. No experience of knowledge of the Nano CP.

Got my combo from besthobbysite (same company as ehirobo I believe), combo was $110 plus shipping, arrived within a week to Aus.

To me, the 7E was the deal maker. A micro flybarless for $100-odd is ridiculously cheap as it is, a TX with these mod capabilities thrown in is astounding.
RoGuE_StreaK is offline Find More Posts by RoGuE_StreaK