Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Help!
Noob Phoenix Transmitter Q

Hi Guys, long time lurker here.

I have been mucking around with very basic heli's for a while and want to take the next step. I have a v911 that I am slowly getting better on but my London shoebox doesn't really give me the room so I'm looking to progress and progress to a 6chan.

I have a copy of Phoenix Sim from a friend but no transmitter, what would you suggest I buy to use with Phoenix?

The cheaper the better as once I get a little more confident I think I will buy something like a blade 450 which will come with a tx that should be sufficient for my needs.

Thanks
vinsm is offline Find More Posts by vinsm
Last edited by vinsm; Feb 17, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Or should I just buy a dx5e?

Thanks?
vinsm is offline Find More Posts by vinsm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
The DX5e will be good for the sim, but since you can't programm anything with it besides revesing servos and using trim it won't do any good for you!
Depending on what models you are planning on getting in the future start with at least a 6 channel radio or more if you can afford it.
Maybe go for a DX6i or look for a used DX7 (nice radio)- so many more options as with the DX5e.
You should be able to use most radios with a trainer port on the simulator without getting a sim stick.
freperry is offline Find More Posts by freperry
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
13 Posts
I understand that the last post was a couple days old but just for the benefit of others i'd just like to chime in that at this point the best step up radio is the dx6i in terms of cost- benefit. It has the the programming features that will allow you to extract the best features of a sim up to the controlling the bigger helis. At the price point this radio being sold now i guess it is no contest at all.
Sakuji is offline Find More Posts by Sakuji
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:21 PM
USA, MO, Joplin
Joined Dec 2010
14 Posts
The DX6 at the least if your planing on flying helicopters down the road then go ahead and buy your radio now. Trust me a good helicopter will always take at least 6ch to fly. You can always buy your helicopter without a radio.
weaselbean is offline Find More Posts by weaselbean