Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
Dynam FW-190 Build Question

I recently bought a Dynam FW-190 and I have a question about the markings. The kit came with a set of adhesive stickers (which I'm not real crazy about. They always look "stuck on" instead of painted on, as good water transfers can do) and they didn't include the swastika marking as shown on the box cover art. Does anyone know where I could find some 1/10 scale water transfer decals for this plane specifically, or at least some generic German Luftwaffe decals that would include the appropriate markings for the 190 as well as the swastika?

If there are none to be found. does anyone have any tips or techniques for applying the adhesive markings to obtain the best finish without wrinkles, bubbles, etc.

Thanks,

Gary
phalcon51 is offline Find More Posts by phalcon51
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Dec 2010
109 Posts
You might try Callie Graphics. They are not water transfer decals, but the stickers are high quality. They can also make you custom markings.

http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php
Boelcke is offline Find More Posts by Boelcke
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
United States, NY, West Islip
Joined Apr 2008
231 Posts
How i Apply all my decals is I get a paper towel and wet it.I then apply about 3-6drops of dishsoap to it and kind of mix it in.You dont want to add much soap,just enough to make it a little slippery.When i peel the sticker off i keep wetting it my fingers dipping the solution until its peeled off completely,apply a little more to the sticker by wetting your fingers on the paper towel with the solution..
I then apply the sticker to the plane.This gives you some time to adjust the sticker or even peel it off if your not happy with the way it went onPush all the air bubbles out starting from center and let dry overnight.Hope this helps
MaximumDeflection is offline Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:47 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
+1 on Callie Graphics. She provided excellent vinyl graphics for my Dynam C-310

Interested in the FW-190 and will watch this thread for further info.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:31 AM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
523 Posts
There is another Dynam FW190 thread on here that has loads of info.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:05 PM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Oct 2012
53 Posts
I have a quesjtion about th ebuild process for the FW190. I fianlly got my 14.8 volt batteries and did the bind successfully. When I test the engine, the prop flew off. So, can anyone assist me in how to installthe prop. I am thinking that I didn't have the nut fastened tight enough but I am not sure I put all the parts in place that are needeed or in the right order. I woul dhave hated to have this fly off during the maiden. the manual is totally useless in this area as to instructions.

Another point, I have read many complimetary points about Dynam planes. I am amazed at the amount of reports indicating retract problems. I happen to have problems with the retracts also. One side not extending for instance. Although I like the looks of the plane and from looking at videos, the way if flies but it amazes me as to how we can all praise Dynams when they keep producing a product with deficencies. I know have second thoughts about buying another dynam product that has retracts. Comments please.
john97618 is offline Find More Posts by john97618
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
United States, NY, West Islip
Joined Apr 2008
231 Posts
here ya go

Hold prop with one hand and tighten nut with a open end wrench.Do not overtighten and you dont want it to loose
MaximumDeflection is offline Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:56 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john97618 View Post
Another point, I have read many complimetary points about Dynam planes. I am amazed at the amount of reports indicating retract problems. I happen to have problems with the retracts also. One side not extending for instance. Although I like the looks of the plane and from looking at videos, the way if flies but it amazes me as to how we can all praise Dynams when they keep producing a product with deficencies. I know have second thoughts about buying another dynam product that has retracts. Comments please.
All the Dynam planes are diamonds in the rough. Some need a little more polishing than others If you can accept this fact and prepare to invest a little time and effort to fine tune them, they are quite spectacular airplanes. Retracts in their own realm are challenging. A lot of planes have issues with them, not just Dynam. The beauty of the Dynams is the value you get. You get a lot of plane for the money. And then on top of that, they fly wonderfully.

As for your retract issue, I can say that several flyers have reported problems with the Y connectors on these planes. If you can operate each retract individually without the Y, then you definitely have a bad one. A trip to the LHS should be able to remedy this with a new Y cable to get you in the air

Good luck - Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:07 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
I had what I thought were retract issues on my Dynam C-310. After a few back an forths with Grayson, I learned they have to cycle a couple of times. They work. Might try resetting your esc.

I'm considering the FW-190 over the others out there just because it's a Dynam and my happy experience with the C-310.

The TopRC version from HK has more bells and whistles but I'm not sure about the overall quality. FMS has one too and there are others. Leaning towards Dynam.

My big concern is flying off grass and the resulting nose overs. Seems like no matter which version, everyone shims the retracts for more rake angle.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
53 Posts
Ok, well I thought I did that. There are a number of parts when installing. I will try to give the order. I put the collet on the shaft, I then put the plate on the shaft with exteneded middle part facing the collet the assumption being it would compress the collet onto the shaft when the nut is tightened, I then put the prop on the shaft, I then put the nut on the shaft and tightened it. (maybe not tight enough). I had one piece left over and don't even know if it belongs on the prop assembly. I am agoing to try an attach a picture of the part left over. I have not done this before.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,314 Posts
Put that washer on between the prop and the nut. Then snug it up.

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
53 Posts
Thank you all for the fine feedback. I did try it there but thought the thread for the nut was a little short. I will attempt to put that washer in front of the prop again, but it sure makes for a shortened thread for the nut to grasp onto.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:52 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
523 Posts
Also be sure to push the collet onto the motor shaft as far as it will go. The pics a few posts back show all the parts in the correct order.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch