HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:35 PM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Discussion
DX450 for birthday

Picked one up for my son's birthday. Off to a bad start trying to sort out some of the stock issues; rear shock seals popped out and my lipo will not fit the battery box!
Should I get the Revo shock or can I improve the stock shock?
What is the latest/best lipo that fits on a budget?
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:44 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,792 Posts
What battery you have that doesnt fit? I have 2 sizes, one that is perfect size is like a turnigy 4000-4200 maybe 30c, case closes no probs. Another I have like a 5000mah genace 50c 2s hardcase that just barely squeezes in there but its a little too big. Actually did a little drilling of the holes where those tiny body style clips hold case closed if I recall. I may have modified the inside of case now that I think about it but if your battery is much bigger then this yeah your probably out of luck, but you wouldnt want a bigger battery then that anyways because they are so heavy for the bike imo. Revo shock was like a direct fit for me, even used the dx450 lower mount on the revo lower shaft fine. I think I was using maybe 2000wt diff oil AE brand. Get the "blue" coded spring if you go that route.

Btw, there is an "Anderson M5" discussion that is kept updates once in a while you may see a page back, and its just the european name for same bike. Good read when you have time.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:32 AM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Trying Gens Ace 5000 hard case with direct wiring. May get soft lipos. Will try to rebuild the stock rear shock before ordering Revo shock.
A Traxxas aluminum Big Bore XXL worked!
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Last edited by papaweely; Feb 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM.