HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:51 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,436 Posts
Why people project their own abilities on others, and expect others to achieve goals that they feel are elementary, is a mystery to me.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:15 PM
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Why people project their own abilities on others, and expect others to achieve goals that they feel are elementary, is a mystery to me.
Iím not sure which mysterious projection you are referring to;
  • Neurotic projection is perceiving others as operating in ways one unconsciously finds objectionable in yourself.
  • Complementary projection is assuming that others do, think and feel in the same way as you.
  • Complimentary projection is assuming that others can do things as well as you
Personally Iím in agreement with JCMorganís ďHard truthĒ, and Iím inclined to think this thread is of the neurotic projection variety.

I have a stepson with a learning disability and after years of struggling he has grown into a successful family man and wage earner. He is very proud of his accomplishments however he is not too proud to use whatever tools are available to him to help in his struggles. Did I mention that Iím proud of him also.

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Jun 2008
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot3387 View Post
i dount remember the term that was applied to me,i went and signed papers and was told to go home,i was 18 and im 35 know,still not sure of what kind of discharge it was,
bigfoot,
When you were separated from the armed services you were given a form called a DD-214. This is an important form used to prove eligibility for any veteran's benefits. On that form will be a block for ďReason and AuthorityĒ and it will state why you were discharged.

One last piece of advice: In the referenced thread you mention carrying a gun;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=25

and here (post #35) you imply that you are not sane. In this day and age and in light of recent events, that is not a good combination of things to be admitting to and could jeopardize your CCW permit.

Regards
Frank
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:20 PM
Harold
United States, OK, Davis
Joined Feb 2010
132 Posts
thanks for the info, on what i said ,i implied,not all of us are sane,and some may take it more personal than others,it was to state, that when guys pic on some one, they mite pic on the wrong one,not necessarily me being sane or not,
bigfoot3387 is offline Find More Posts by bigfoot3387
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:07 PM
Joined Jun 2008
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot(edited)
Thanks for the info.
On what I said, I implied not all of us are sane and some may take it more personal than others. It was to state that when guys pick on someone they might pick on the wrong one, not necessarily me being sane or not.
bigfoot,
You are very welcome on the information and I hope you still have your DD-214 because like I said it could be a very important document to you.

On the things we say/type often we are judged on the perceptions that others have of what we may have meant or taken quite literally at what we may say in jest. My point is that we should all strive to improve our communications skills and not take offense when the flaws are pointed out. I realize that some that point out those flaws could take lessons in tack; others may do it just for meanness. Regardless of whom the best way to respond to them is to improve.

Regards
Frank

It is not possible to write in such a way that cannot be misinterpreted by a reader determined to do so.
Last edited by phlpsfrnk; Mar 04, 2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add post script
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I'm not sure of the context, but this is probably one of the few times I agree with you. The follow up we will likely disagree.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f