HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,452 Posts
Discussion
Should we allow Bullies..??????

Read Post 23 through 29....Do you think we should allow this...????

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1828742

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,081 Posts
I believe it is up to the mods to decide what to allow. All "we" can do is report any posts "we" feel violate the site rules, and let the mods decide if that person should get special treatment, or if the rules should apply.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:48 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,887 Posts
Really a moot question given "we" dont' have any say. If however you think a rule has been broken report it. In a perfect world the answer is probably no but unfortunately that is not the case.

With that said, your post was/is probably the best response and it seems it stopped the "attacks".
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:52 PM
LHS Life Support System
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2011
75 Posts
Are you referring to the part about him packing heat? I live in Texas and I don't personally know anyone who doesn't. I wouldn't meet someone from Cracklist to consummate a deal without packing heat and having backup. He sounds pretty sharp to me. If on the other hand, you're talking about the mental midget who trashed his spelling, then I'm sure this isn't the first time for the OP to be trashed. He handled it pretty well and somebody named FlyBillyFly came in quickly to support him. Oh. That was you.
Texas Don is offline Find More Posts by Texas Don
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Aug 2011
77 Posts
HAHA Don.. Mental Midgit.. funny stuff. People think that because they are behind a keyboard that they can type anything. Karma bites people like that in the rear end. I too live in Texas and love my sidekick We as a collective have no say so, and I am sure the Mods on here have tons of stuff to sort through and look at. We as a general community are genuine and nice, but just like my own family there is that one uncle that you are embarassed to claim
bigdad1975 is offline Find More Posts by bigdad1975
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:01 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Read Post 23 through 29....Do you think we should allow this...????

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1828742

Billy
The seller is in MO your in PA, WHY DO YOU CARE!!!!!
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
If you have to ALLOW a bully, they're doing it wrong.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:09 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
because its wrong to crack on someone that can't help it....How would you like it if you was messed with for being fat ugly a drunk or other things...It would get to you also..Im glad to see there are good hearted ppl on this sight willing to stand up against bullies...
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:58 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
Not sure I understand your question. How does where each live have anything to do with the OP's question? Maybe I'm not understanding something in your question and am curious.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:43 AM
Addiction Defined
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
Not sure I understand your question. How does where each live have anything to do with the OP's question? Maybe I'm not understanding something in your question and am curious.
I went to college, played baseball. English or composition was not my major. I can hold my own in conversations and writing. I started a thread looking for help on flying giants. Needed a little help with the Smart Fly EQ system. I wrote a lengthy post explaining my situation. The very first response pointed out that it would be easier to help me if I punctuated my sentences better. I haven't been back there since. If you have a hard time understanding what the person is saying because his/her spelling isn't up to your standards, just move on. If you don't and find the need to criticize , then you deserve all the backlash coming your way. Every time you feel that you're perfect, try walking on water.
mx_ata2d is online now Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:35 AM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,081 Posts
Worth pointing out that a "language barrier" is often the root of many a sales that have gone wrong on this site. Communication is very important, and there are countless threads on Trader Talk where one of the people in the deal post much like the one in the mentioned thread. To point out to someone that they should work on that isn't always "bashing". Sometimes it is meant to be helpful. They way the person was told may not have been "right" in some eyes, but that person should take a look at the criticism in a positive way, and fully understand the issue with "disability".
If a person is going to be sensitive to others not understanding their "disability", then they should also understand that others are going to be sensitive over the confusion created by it as well, and should learn to expect it.

Speech recognition software, as well as any free spell check/grammar software would be an honest attempt to help one self with such a disability. To expect others to simply decipher what you've posted, and believe they should/will accept it without criticism, would be simply inconsiderate, irresponsible, intolerant to others, and most of all naive.
Sorry, but I know a few people with what most would consider devastating disabilities that have overcome them. (I know a pilot with no arms that learned to fly RC with his feet). That is when you see how amazing humans really are. I also have to question the poster in question's story of being an "ex-marine" with such a disability. Anyone I know that went into that branch came out way more educated, and disciplined then they went in. Not an easy branch to get into, and such disabilities, I believe, would be a red flag upon entering, and especially upon any honorable exist. This is NOT an attack on the person, and I am far from an expert on military standards. It is simply a question that popped into my mind when reading his reason for his poor spelling/grammar skills. Would love to hear from someone that has first hand knowledge of what the Marines require.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:37 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,590 Posts
See, that's what I thought at first read through too,, but reading it a second time, he never says he was a Marine,, he only says what good training the Marines get. Read it again and tell me what you think

Either way..IMO the bashing was uncalled for
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,081 Posts
Clearly states that if he had not been in the corps he would not be as far as he is.

The bashing, called for or not, should be expected. Happens all the time on this site. Usually in a thread about a deal that has gone wrong.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,590 Posts
I stand corrected,, I missed that in the follow up post,,

I agree,, a red flag indeed
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:57 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx_ata2d View Post
I went to college, played baseball. English or composition was not my major. I can hold my own in conversations and writing. I started a thread looking for help on flying giants. Needed a little help with the Smart Fly EQ system. I wrote a lengthy post explaining my situation. The very first response pointed out that it would be easier to help me if I punctuated my sentences better. I haven't been back there since. If you have a hard time understanding what the person is saying because his/her spelling isn't up to your standards, just move on. If you don't and find the need to criticize , then you deserve all the backlash coming your way. Every time you feel that you're perfect, try walking on water.
lol what is going on in this thread? THis was in response to me (??) I agree with your statement but why in response to me?