HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
17 Posts
Help!
Recorder Could Not be Opened

Searched the best I could but couldn't find this. When I try to configure my Guardian 2d/3d Stablilizer I get "Recorder Could Not Be Opened. The Elogger V4 has the LED blinking 3 times as it should and I have the OSD plugged into the Elogger in the OSD/LCD port but no joy. Be patient with me I'm new at this and it's getting very frustrating trying to configure all of this.
I just bought all this equipment and have updated all of the firmware and am using ver. 10.44 of the Data Recorder software. The Stabilizer is the first expander out of the OSD and after that I have the altimeter plugged into the stabilizer. I also have the GPS expander plugged into the GPS port of the Elogger. I don't know what else to add, I don't want to make this a book. Any Ideas?
Rog318 is offline Find More Posts by Rog318
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about your issue!

First, when you say "Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer" I'm pretty sure you mean the Guardian Expander, that plugs into the OSD? Or, is it the stand-alone stabilizer in a white case?

Assuming you have the expander, to configure it you need to click on the configuration for the OSD, rather than clicking on the configuration for the Guardian 2D/3D stabilizer, under the Hardware menu (sorry for the confusion between these two similarly named product).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Feb 2013
17 Posts
More issues

Thanks for the clarification. I did mean the guardian expander. I haven't seen anywhere I can configure it even under the OSD configuration screen but I've got more issues to conquer. I now can't get video through the OSD. I have verified that I have power to the camera and I can get video without the OSD but that's what I spent all the money for. I wonder if I need a power regulator to the camera and vTx if I'm using a 4s battery. I can use a 3s if that is necessary. I have verified that I have the wires on the correct plugs on the OSD and have re-verified. I understand that ground is next to the board, then power, then signal. I don't have a power wire on the audio plugs. Is there a way to ensure that the OSD is working at all? There aren't any lights on it. It does take a firmware update so I assume that it is working.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:06 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog318 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I did mean the guardian expander. I haven't seen anywhere I can configure it even under the OSD configuration screen but I've got more issues to conquer. I now can't get video through the OSD. I have verified that I have power to the camera and I can get video without the OSD but that's what I spent all the money for. I wonder if I need a power regulator to the camera and vTx if I'm using a 4s battery. I can use a 3s if that is necessary. I have verified that I have the wires on the correct plugs on the OSD and have re-verified. I understand that ground is next to the board, then power, then signal. I don't have a power wire on the audio plugs. Is there a way to ensure that the OSD is working at all? There aren't any lights on it. It does take a firmware update so I assume that it is working.
Your BEC should be set at 5 - 5.5V.

OSD plugs in to the lower pinout row of the elogger

You should power your video equipment first, or simultaneously.

Your video equipment should be either on a 3s, or a regulator.
A fully charged 4s is 16.80V, and that is outside of the normal 12-15V paramater of most equipment.

also if it gets hot, then it will stop transmitting. If you are running it for an extended time, then blow a fan on it.

Double check your video in, and video out wires to make sure that they both have the negative wire closest to the circuit board.

When you bypass the OSD, you are using a male and a female plug end, but when you plug in to the OSD, you are using two male ends, so check the continuity of the wire that you are plugging in to the female end, to convert it to a male end.

Something enevitably has to change when you make the conversion, and you need to be sure that you are still getting power and neg to the video equipment, and that you have a good video signal

and that your osd is powered, and running.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Last edited by m_beeson; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2013
17 Posts
Thanks Mike, I will power the video equipment with the 3s and see if that makes any difference. I was thinking I wanted another battery in there anyway so I'll try it and let you know what I find. I've gotten so frustrated with this that I can't work on it very long and have set it all down for a couple of weeks. I'll tray again with this new information.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:31 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Rog,

I didn't realize that you were frustrated.

I will sit down and look at your situation again tonight. Hopefully I can find a good solution for you.

right now I can't remember (without reading) what you were experiencing.

If it is frustrating you, then there has got to be an easier solution.

-Mike
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:10 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Rog,

You should take your issues to this thread. there are a lot of people on there that can give you a good perspective.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...24018&page=690

Please post your issues, and detailed pictures of your wiring.

Thanks

-Mike

Take a deep breath, and tackle it one piece at a time. Lets break it down and prioritize your issues, then we will knock them down one at a time.

Lets do it on the other thread, so you can get more help...