HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Discussion
Shredder X drag bike pics? And help

I just picked up a shredder x drag bike off of a neighboring forum for a fair price and I was wondering who here has one? Care to share your pictures and set up info? Also what are you using for gearing? Belt or chain drive? And where to get it from as the one I grabbed does not have any type of gearing installed. It's a bare bones roller but is brand new thanks everyone!
htmlhuh is offline Find More Posts by htmlhuh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
X

Don't have bike with me I'm out house here's a pic . It's got a rope type chain.
Rcmoto is online now Find More Posts by Rcmoto
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
The rope chain is different. I've never seen that before. Could you take a close up picture for me and post it? Are the links removable to be able to shorten or extend it? Are the gears that are used with it any different than the gears that are used with a regular chain like a nf chain or tt chain? Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
X

Here's better pic
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Another
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:21 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,759 Posts
I think he changed to Thunder Tiger FM-1 chain and sprockets on later bikes.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, NY, Dexter
Joined Sep 2009
23 Posts
Chain looks like what was on old Custom Works Dominator dirt oval cars
pfindeis is offline Find More Posts by pfindeis
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
My other bike, project. It's like ordering fast food with diet coke! Wankel graupner (fast food) shredder x ( diet coke). It's hard to see in photo but it fits in between front frame. Just a thought. Dont under estimate it ,It's not the first wankel bike I made. Lol
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Mini wankel, would love to make a 1/4 scale mini bike. i made this 2 years ago
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Lol the mini bike is great! And the wankle in the shredder? Yes please?! Haha Rcmoto, is that something your considering doing? Because I would be thrilled to see some build pictures and test n tune shots when it's done as well. Nothing gets me more pumped up than a custom Rc bike that doesn't really fit in with the rest you know. I really like that 4 stroke Rc bike that one of the members here is producing. I forget his name and the name of the bike but I think he uses a FS26 engine or something like that and I think there's another member who put a wankle in a bike as well. Ill have to dig through my rc bike build archives and check them out again.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Now it's gone to far, lol. I might try and set up a single wankel as long as I don't have to cut or alter bike too much. I know what bike you're talkn about , the farmer bike, work of art that bike. That guys got true talent .
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:53 AM
Joined Oct 2011
160 Posts
Oh dear double wankles? Haha that would be insane. And speaking of I believe there's a guy on this forum who has made a center case to connect 2 wankles together to run as one lol my memory has been very bad since my accident so everything older than a couple weeks is a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty sure you can search the forums and it will pop up. Before you get to cutting your frame why don't you make copies of the frame pieces so you can make new stock pieces if you ever decide to. Actually if you wouldn't mind doing me a favor I would like to build a shredder style bike myself. I ended up not getting the one that I was going to.