SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
72 Posts
Discussion
Aeroworks .60 - .90 Extra 300 ARF-QB

Hi,

I know that this thread should be in the 3D section, but being an ex-F3A pilot, I am hoping that some of you guys can answer this question.

I have fitted it with an OS 95 4 stroke. It is a very nice plane, but it has a weird medium speed stall that I have never had on any of my previous models. I have watched many 3D plane videos and I have yet to see one of them do that, at any flying speed. I have spent a good part of last summer to try and figure a way to correct it, but..........

I will try to describe what happens :

Whenever I try to level the plane from a vertical dive, the right wing will stall when this plane is almost horizontal.

I can level the plane, without accelerating, and it will fly a least a hundred yards before it starts wagging its wings in warning of an upcoming stall. Now with a little throttle (25%) at the end of the dive, all is normal.

That is the part I do not understand as this plane is then flying “too fast” to stall and it is not a snap as the tail stays in line with the flight path.
Even though the CG is at the right place and the wings are balanced, could the dead weight of the OS 95 be too important at the front ?

Could the flat stab lose "aerodynamic flight" and forces one to put way "too much elevator" to level the plane and induce a medium speed stall ?

Has anyone heard or seen that problem yet ?

Thanks
N.E.R.F is offline Find More Posts by N.E.R.F
to remove ads between posts