SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:07 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Question
Please reinstate RCG user Sgtdirt just like you did for Porcia83

I saw Porcia83 get a 40 point ban then changed to a 10 point ban then rebanned again at 40 points, with the following comments by the mod:

porcia83
Feb 13, 2013 12:24 AM
40 / Troll or Spam Account
Excessive Site Trolling - This ban has been escalated to a permanent ban.

The word "escalated" to me is the key term which to me means it was an intentional conscious action by the mod involved to go from a 10 point back to a 40 point. Now I see today that he is back to a regular registered user and is posting on RCG. So in light of the ability to have banned users reinstated, I would officially like to request RCG user "sgtdirt" to be reinstated. If Porcia83 gets a second chance from a permaban then sgtdirt deserves the same equal chance (since we all want to treated equally correct?). If I can not make the appeal on behalf of sgtdirt then please explain the procedural requirements for reinstatement so I may forward them onto sgtdirt so I can have my balsa building buddy back on RCG.

Don

EDIT: Adding the following info from this recent post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=168
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83
The best thanks I can give is to the Jim's of course. Clearly I got a second chance, and for that I thank them.
Also wanted to link this reply in this post showing an appeal on another's behalf will be taken into consideration by RCG:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...60&postcount=2
Quote:
Thanks for the post. We will take it into consideration.
And within 48 hours this appeal was granted. However in the past it was clearly stated that:
Quote:
Users cannot make an appeal for other users.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...26&postcount=2

So I hope you can understand why I am quite confused by what has happened the past several days. Also please understand I am not trying to be a pain in the rear and posting simply for arguments sake. I am truly confused as to what is happening here. All I know is an intentionally banned user was reinstated and given a second chance and I want that same opportunity given to sgtdirt.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The Don; Feb 16, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,444 Posts
The reversal of Porcia's ban was not related to the post in SSC.
After his ban was escalated to a permanent ban it was internally decided to give him another chance. There is a condition to the reinstatement. Any warning he receives in the future will be worth 3 points and he will not have the ability to edit the warned posts.
I hope this answers your question.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:03 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
There is a condition to the reinstatement. Any warning he receives in the future will be worth 3 points and he will not have the ability to edit the warned posts.
Ok, then how does "sgtdirt" go about getting the same internal consideration and be allowed the same conditional reinstatement opportunity that was given to "Porcia83"?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:45 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Am I to assume that the sgtdirt account is not eligible for reconsideration for reinstatement?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
This account is not eligible for reinstatement.
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:38 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awagar View Post
This account is not eligible for reinstatement.
That is unfortunate.

I do hope you all can understand how all the rest of us who are not involved in moderation can see what happened with Porcia as highly unusual and confusing. On one hand it is posted:

Quote:
The request in SSC to bring back Porcia was not a contributing factor in his ban being lifted.
Yes on the other hand this is posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post
Several other users asked for us to give him another chance. .
That is why it is confusing for those of us on the outside watching the events from the sidelines. It seems contradictory. The end result is it appears he is being given special treatment and or considerations that others who have been banned have not been given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post
The moderators can make judgment calls, but they are subject to administrative review as well as the appeals process.

We often give second, third, and fourth chances, so this is nothing new. Sometimes the admins give more chances because they see a potential in a user, sometimes it is because of the other contributions a user has made, sometimes because the community really wants to see the user get another chance, sometimes because we review the infractions and find a mistake.

In this case it was a combination. We heard from the user that he wanted another chance. Several other users asked for us to give him another chance. Also, during a review we found that we made a minor procedural error. That was enough by itself. We reinstated him with two provisions: one, that he no longer be allowed to edit his posts, two that any further warning points given to him will be at least 3 points in value. Most likely those restrictions will lead to another ban and from that there will be no return. Them's the breaks.

It is exactly because we believe in transparent and fair moderation that we took these steps. We routinely work with people who are at or beyond the ban limit to keep them on the site. In every case we strive to work with people so they can avoid being banned, even when it seems clear that the user's only interest is in stirring up the community.

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what your objection is. It sounds like nit picking from here.

Jim
Based on this post and the goals within, I am sad to hear that sgtdirt account is not even eligible for reconsideration especially after the period of time he has been gone. Time has the ability to allow people to cool off and reassess. I do not know the exact detail of his banning but I just wanted to make sure he was indeed given a "second, third, and fourth chance" and the mods did "strive to work with [him]people so [he]they can avoid being banned".

Thanks for your time.
Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:23 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,140 Posts
Quote:
The reversal of Porcia's ban was not related to the post in SSC.
After his ban was escalated to a permanent ban it was internally decided to give him another chance. There is a condition to the reinstatement. Any warning he receives in the future will be worth 3 points and he will not have the ability to edit the warned posts.
I hope this answers your question.
Jim,

Per you post above this user is to be issued 3 points per warning. These two warnings were given yesterday to this person for trolling:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28071056
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28070896

That means 6 points and per RCG rules:
Users with an infraction level of 4 or higher will not have their custom title or avatar displayed in their posts.
Users with an infraction level of 6 or higher will also have the quote and reply buttons disabled in their posts, and will not be able to post to the Life, the Universe, and Politics or Chit Chat forums.

None of those actions have occurred to this user. Additionally you stated that "he will not have the ability to edit the warned posts. " however it was just posted here by Jason Cole that his ability to edit posts is gone now for 90 days.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=2

This means in 90 days he will be allowed to edit posts which is in contradiction of the stated reinstatement restrictions limits for this specific member when he was allowed back after a permaban. I understood per your comments that the conditions of reversing his permaban was that no ability to edit any warned posts ever, and 3 points per warned post. So my question is if the conditions of Porcia83 reinstatement do not have to be followed any longer then can you please reinstate RCG user Sgtdirt. If Sgtdirt can not be reinstated then why is Porcia83 not subject to the terms and conditions of his reinstatement requirements?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:02 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,447 Posts
Those infractions were given 1 point by mistake. He has now received a custom infraction to equal the number of points that were supposed to be given. His ability to edit warned posts will not be reinstated per terms of his coming back.

Sgtdirt is not eligible to be reinstated.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator