HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Balr14, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,356 Posts
Discussion
DJI Phantom

I went ahead and ordered it. I saved a few bucks ordering from China. I will have to wait a while for it, but February in Wisconsin is not my idea of flying weather anyway. They can't ship lipo batteries, so they gave me a discount and added extra blades. I'm good with that. I already have batteries, that are hardly used, that will be about right. I need to buy some Traxxas connectors. I really like them. Easy to solder and you don't need shrink coat.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,356 Posts
changed my mind...

Two of the batteries I had already had compatible connectors, so I left them. I'll have to change the connector on the third. As it turns out, the Traxxas connector would not have fit the opening they provide anyway.

The Phantom is very nice performing quad. Very stable, smooth and precise handling. I like it a lot so far. I haven't had a chance to try the modes and features yet, weather kind of sucks.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14