HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:19 PM
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
Discussion
need help w/ ubec, kk2 and dji opto escs

okay, so i'm trying to set up my f450 with a kk2 board using the stock dji opto escs. i know i need a ubec, but i have no idea what wires go where. seriously. no flipping idea. could some kind soul help me out and tell me *wire by wire* how to hook things up? please be as specific as you can because i'm kind of an idiot when it comes to these things. a picture is below. i need simple! and if something is supposed to go to the RX ... where on the RX does it go? and like that. thanks.
floete is offline Find More Posts by floete
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
What goes up...
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Feb 2012
1,023 Posts
Here you go
acuralegendz is offline Find More Posts by acuralegendz
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
you get an A for effort! But it's not quite simple enough for me.

i mean, i don't even know where to start with all the questions that diagram raises but doesn't answer. first of all, my dji escs don't have a white wire. second ...

oh, forget it. i drove 13 hrs today and my brain is fried. i'll try thinking about this again tomorrow or the next day.

meanwhile, isn't there an explanation anyway that really explains? take wire A, solder to wire B, connect to wire C, in that order, using connector F ... or some such. i mean, what about the two little wires coming off the ubec in my photo? where the freaking heck do they go? come on, man, you're dealing with a knucklehead here!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
Control the Truth#1 goal inWAR
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Oct 2012
191 Posts
Just remember the red wire from the BEC goes to the middle pin on the M1 side of the KK2, the black wire alway is on the outside pin outer edge of board , the the sense wire goes to the inside pin(usually white wire). Your using Opto type ESC they will not have any red wire only a neutral and a sense so they have no middle pin which is alway 5 vdc. Go to HobbyKing web site and watch the KK2 video they are very informative, and should answer any questions.

Tony

PS I thought the F450 already has a Multiwii control board and power built in, I thought all they need is a reciever and battery installed. This is for the ones I saw for Goodluck buy.
TonyTronicWSP is offline Find More Posts by TonyTronicWSP
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Extreme Frame Replaced
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
that's great, tony. i'm getting closer! (i still don't know what to do with those shorter wires; where the heck do they go?)
my f450 came w/ a naza control board, but i'm moving it to a different frame, so i thought i'd cheap out and go kk on this one.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
deleted
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
FWIW I built the same thing. I did not connect the BEC to the KK2 but ran it to the receiver. It seems to power the board fine this way and is simpler than trying to connect it and the ESC to the M1 connector.

The red and black wires on the BEC are soldered to the power distribution board as are the ESCs.

The BEC wire that has a connector is plugged into my receiver's power input. Then I connected the 5 channel receiver wires to the KK2 and also the 4 ESCs to the KK2 motor inputs.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold