HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Discussion
~800mm Carbon Fiber Hexacopter Frame

Now that I have a DIY quadcopter under my belt, I'd like to start ordering parts for my next build, which I'd like to be a larger sized hexacopter.

The s800 looks nice, but I'm not too keen on the price. I'd be happier with an empty frame that I could populate myself.

X800-V6 from foxtech looks decent, but I'm guessing for that price, it's not real carbon fiber?

Cinestar and Mikrokopter are out of my price range. I'd like to keep this someone in the "hobbyist" price range.

Are there any other decent 800mm hexa frames out there? Preferably in the three digit range for the frame--lower being better. Perhaps I could buy a smaller ~600mm hexa and buy longer booms? I'm open to any and all ideas. (cheaper ideas would make my wife happier)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a folding frame would be preferred at that size.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Tarot FY680 appears to be another good contender.

The carbon-core H6 650 looks great too.

Too many to choose from. I almost need to make a comparison chart to help figure out which would fit me best because the hexacopters don't seem to be popular enough to get a good consensus as to what's better than another.

EDIT: Rusty's UAP2 looks great too, especially the price and warranty, but it doesn't appear to be able to fold.

EDIT2: Confirmed, Rusty emailed me back and it doesn't fold. Man I'm still considering it for the price and warranty. (and quality, from what I've read) FH-H800 looks good too. Foxtech has some video demos of it and it looks great.
Last edited by serrated; Feb 15, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Serrated I now have one of these frames http://www.uavframe.com/en/uav-multi...ter-frame.html

I have had frames like the tarot and the quality of materials in the UAV frame are hard to match!

If you want a great frame (quality, engineering, vibration etc) this is the ticket and Killy provides awesome service! I have spent money at the low end and then spent more money getting it right or just scrapping and starting again, wish I found these earlier!
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:09 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,985 Posts
http://quadframe.com/collections/six...h-21-5mm-tubes

Just under 800mm cf and g10
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
wicked looking frame--i just wish it folded. my wife and i both have cars and i don't picture an 800mm hexa fitting very well in either vehicle

and i live in town so i'd want to fly somewhere more safe. (i've done light low level flying for pid tuning but nothing that would risk anyone's safety)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:59 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
Tarot FY680 appears to be another good contender.

The carbon-core H6 650 looks great too.

Too many to choose from. I almost need to make a comparison chart to help figure out which would fit me best because the hexacopters don't seem to be popular enough to get a good consensus as to what's better than another.

EDIT: Rusty's UAP2 looks great too, especially the price and warranty, but it doesn't appear to be able to fold.

EDIT2: Confirmed, Rusty emailed me back and it doesn't fold. Man I'm still considering it for the price and warranty. (and quality, from what I've read) FH-H800 looks good too. Foxtech has some video demos of it and it looks great.
Go with the CarbonCore.
If you are in the U.S we have them in stock-> http://www.rc-drones.com/H6-650-Hexacopter.php

We have done many builds with them-> http://www.z06tony.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/modernso...e=results_main
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor